Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up Model Y without paying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and the OP didn't check his bank account for "a couple weeks."??? That's negligent, for a large bank transaction.
why would it be negligent? while I have my bank notify me via txt/email on large transactions, that's not saying the OP has the same setup so they wouldn't know the transaction didn't go through until they check the next time. . which could be once a month for all we know or when Tesla says "you owe us money please pay".

I mean aside from the part where the OP said "what if I decided not to pay" let's not start accusing people of things we know nothing about aside from what your interpretation is. I'm pretty sure the idea of vehicle repossession is enough to scare the *sugar* out of the OP.

for the OP - while you say you're gonna pay after asking what would happen if you didn't. like everyone said, you won't get to keep that car for long. one night/day you're gonna come out and find it missing and then a couple days/weeks later you're gonna find it on your credit report and you're gonna hate yourself for not taking care of that missed Tesla payment sooner.

I'm still not sure why the OP would ask random strangers a "what if" question like this that comes with a pretty simple answer. if you get a notice/email/call from your bank (or Tesla in this case) saying you should take care of this financial issue (and is legit and not some scam), you should just get it taken care of and call it a day/night.

I access my bank accounts once a month, when I pay my bills.
I would never assume such a large transaction actually occurred without confirming it.

Since I use my bank card as a debit card, I check that activity at least twice a week. For a $60k transaction? Daily, until it clears.

"Trust but verify."

Last edited:
I access my bank accounts once a month, when I pay my bills.

You may want to re-read post 1. This wasn’t a test drive.

Well, they trust the payment system and then they verify after for accounting purposes. It is normal risk management in business, start a business and you'll know not all bills get paid, and you put in processes to handle those. Like electric companies, Tesla can probably brick you if need be, for unpaid bills. But they will ask you politely first, and go through legal routes first,