Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Board Requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three somewhat nerdy requests for the dashboard.

1) I'd like the status display that shows my tire pressure to also show which of my motors is driving on my P85D by lighting up little motor icons on the car picture like other hybrids do. Perhaps even give a percentage or fraction or even torque value of the overall power currently split between both motors. I'd like to know when the software puts one or the other engine to sleep by greying out the front or back motor icon.

2) I'd like the milage display that shows the minutes and distance of my current drive to also show average speed (and even maximum speed) like almost every other car on the road. This is often useful information for road trips.

3) I'd like a simple screen saver application on the main console screen to black out the screen except for the icons at the top and the climate controls at the bottom. Often at night, I don't want to see anything on that screen. This could be activated by a simple icon next to the phone icon. As an alternative to a completely blank screen, perhaps an unobtrusive floating clock or even soft grey Tesla symbol. My preference would be the faint name of the upcoming cross street that changes in real time.