Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Wrap - Any Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the white interior and I wrapped my dash to get rid of the reflection I was getting on the side mirror. I went with Matrix Black instead of Carbon Fiber as I was told it is more of a matte color and less reflective. I removed the dash panel to do the installation.

Has anyone installed a dash wrap in their Model 3 to cover up the wood? I can't decide if this would be a good idea. Although I'm not crazy about the wood color, it is wood :). I am referring to something like this:
Model 3 Dash Wrap
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I purchased a set to match my center console wrap from Avannex, but haven't gotten to the dash part yet:
Interior Vinyl Kits for Tesla Model 3 - Set of Two*

Dash wrapping is the most tedious of surfaces to do properly.
I also went with faux-CF look, as I have never been a fan of wood inside cars.

The end result is nowhere close to the quality and look of the real CF inlays I have in my ///M3, but is still way better than shiny plastic that comes from Tesla factory in Model 3's.

a

I went with Matrix Black on the dash, center console, and steering wheel. I honestly thought I was going to do a terrible job but it actually came out well. With the added confidence, I went ahead and did Matrix Black for the chrome delete as well.

All in all, very satisfied with the outcome.

Bought a REAL carbon fiber dash cover to go over the porous wood that came with my M3P. Got it from Tsportline. Great quality. NOT cheap, but you get what you pay for in life. I"m very happy with it. I'm planning on adding as much Carbon fiber to my car. Just got Matte CF mirror covers. CF interior on the door sills and center console. Again, could of gone cheap but I choose vendors that sold me real CF items. I have an amazing car that I actually bought, so I don't want to go cheap.

I have the white interior and I wrapped my dash to get rid of the reflection I was getting on the side mirror. I went with Matrix Black instead of Carbon Fiber as I was told it is more of a matte color and less reflective. I removed the dash panel to do the installation.
I have a red Y with white interior on order. I saw my first white interior today and was very disappointed to see the white dash. I think it looks tacky and plasticky no to mention the reflection risk mentioned here. I am not sure, having watched the video that the wrap will look much better.
So, it's either take the risk of delays by changing to a black interior (God knows what Tesla finance will say) or maybe buy the wrap but have it fitted by a professional wrapping firm. Hey ho!

I have a red Y with white interior on order. I saw my first white interior today and was very disappointed to see the white dash. I think it looks tacky and plasticky no to mention the reflection risk mentioned here. I am not sure, having watched the video that the wrap will look much better.
So, it's either take the risk of delays by changing to a black interior (God knows what Tesla finance will say) or maybe buy the wrap but have it fitted by a professional wrapping firm. Hey ho!
Why don't you ask around and see if anyone would be willing to do the wood dash swap with you?

These folks have some pretty good options to either replace or overlay the dash trim:

I got a real CF trim from HANSSHOW. Best quality ever.
B8948568-38B4-46D2-82D8-06496FC0B556.jpeg

You should have linked their website it took me awhile to find them.

It's Fusion Motorsports | Tesla Aftermarket Accessories if anyone is looking
Caution. I have bought a few things from the USA because I wanted them and was prepared to accept the cost hit.
1. The pound is weak
2. Shipping cost is quite high
3. Duty/VAT to be paid before delivery.

But, if it's for your brand new Tes, and you really want it .... enjoy!

This car buying experience seems to have re created the sense of buzzing anticipation, I had as a kid, whilst counting the sleeps to Christmas and my first two wheeler.