Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard screens turn off in V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I've had my front screen turn off twice now while driving. The first time I had to pull over and do a reset to fix it and the second time I waited a couple min and it came back on. Anyone else seeing this? I can still drive the car but the turn signals won't work when the screen is off which is strange.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I've had my front screen turn off twice now while driving. The first time I had to pull over and do a reset to fix it and the second time I waited a couple min and it came back on. Anyone else seeing this? I can still drive the car but the turn signals won't work when the screen is off which is strange.

Thanks!
Since installing V9 on my Model S, the dashboard screen is often blank when I first start up and takes a while to appear. After appearing, it often goes blank again for a few minutes but then comes back. It's usually back on by the time I get to the end of my driveway. I haven't had it go blank while driving yet with V9.

And there is only one ‘instrument cluster’, usually called the ‘binnacle’ on the S and X.

And there is no ‘hard reboot’. The two scroll wheels reboot of the center screen on all the cars is all the reboot we can do. (Turning the power off from the menu may do something more in some cases.)

The urban legend of holding the brake pedal down while rebooting does nothing for a ‘better’ reboot. If you think it does, find us documentation because this has been around so long even some Tesla staff have been drinking this particular kool-aid. :D

The urban legend of holding the brake pedal down while rebooting does nothing for a ‘better’ reboot. If you think it does, find us documentation because this has been around so long even some Tesla staff have been drinking this particular kool-aid. :D

Interestingly, I was on hold with Tesla support 2 days ago, and one of the canned messages they play said "Did you know that many problems can be resolved by holding both scroll wheels while keeping your foot on the brake pedal until the main screen reboots?"

Maybe they are just perpetuating the urban legend, but I thought it was curious that Tesla specifically wants you to use the brake pedal.

Interestingly, I was on hold with Tesla support 2 days ago, and one of the canned messages they play said "Did you know that many problems can be resolved by holding both scroll wheels while keeping your foot on the brake pedal until the main screen reboots?"

Maybe they are just perpetuating the urban legend, but I thought it was curious that Tesla specifically wants you to use the brake pedal.

I bet that won't fix my Spotify hangups!

Hi guys,

Thanks!
I have an even worst experience, my dashboard and touchscreen display randomly rebooted countless times, during my drive from San Marcos TX to Atlanta GA on Oct 25 and 26. I have brought my car to the Tesla Service Center and the issue is not resolved yet. I am not driving my X upon advice of the Tesla Service Center Manager