Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam and saved videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my SR+ for about 2 weeks and I love it. I can't figure out why there are so many videos of me driving in the "saved" folder. I understand that it saves clips from the Sentry mode, but most of these clips are from when I'm driving. Also I read that you have to turn Sentry on every time you park it, Mine goes into Sentry every time I park

Sentry mode saves in 10 minute clumps, and is easily activated, and saves about a minute after it's activated and 9 minutes before. So if you park somewhere, get out and walk away, and then sentry mode is activated almost immediately, part of your drive to that place will be part of the sentry recording.

Dashcam is the only thing active while driving. It should only save when you tap the camera icon on the screen. Otherwise it should leave the Saved folder alone. Sentry will save to the Saved folder if it sees motion in its camera views. But that will only be when you are parked.

All cameras are active all the time (meaning the dashcam and the 2 side cams). Sentry mode saves 10min of video, and if you click the camera icon, it saves the last 30min (i think).

As I posted in another thread, everyone who owns a Tesla needs a teslacam/sentry reviewer app on their phone and a USB adapter for the it. Then you can check video footage on the fly anytime.

Last edited:
Had my SR+ for about 2 weeks and I love it. I can't figure out why there are so many videos of me driving in the "saved" folder. I understand that it saves clips from the Sentry mode, but most of these clips are from when I'm driving. Also I read that you have to turn Sentry on every time you park it, Mine goes into Sentry every time I park

Does the end of your saved clips end sometime after you park?