Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam unable to write - USB drive is full

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Got this error today. I'm using a Samsung 64GB EVO Select micro SD card in a Sandisk USB reader. Not sure why the dashcam drive is full because I haven't saved any dashcam video so it should be a rolling record, and there were no Sentry Mode saved recordings. WTH?

Got this error today. I'm using a Samsung 64GB EVO Select micro SD card in a Sandisk USB reader. Not sure why the dashcam drive is full because I haven't saved any dashcam video so it should be a rolling record, and there were no Sentry Mode saved recordings. WTH?
Plug your card into your computer. Check if there are saved files in the TeslaCam folder (there should be). Delete the files.

I put the drive into my laptop and there are no saved dashcam video. The card is working. Now I'm noticing that my Tesla app says there is a software update and to connect to Wi-Fi to download, but my car has always been connected to my home Wi-Fi and I can't get it to download.

I tried disconnecting from my home Wi-Fi, resetting my router, reconnecting my car to my Wi-Fi and it shows it's connected but the app keeps telling my to connect to Wi-Fi to download.

Tried using a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64GB micro SD card and my car doesn't even see it.

Trying to call Tesla for some help, but seems almost impossible to get a hold of anyone there.

Last edited:
I tried disconnecting from my home Wi-Fi, resetting my router, reconnecting my car to my Wi-Fi and it shows it's connected but the app keeps telling my to connect to Wi-Fi to download.

Tried using a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64GB micro SD card and my car doesn't even see it.

Trying to call Tesla for some help, but seems almost impossible to get a hold of anyone there.
Schedule a service appointment.

phone calls to Tesla are a waste of time