Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

data download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can I easily access historical monthly/weekly/daily data for solar kWh production on the Tesla app?

I'm looking at my solar generation data on the Tesla app on an iPhone. Lifetime data download just gives the yearly totals. Is there any way to get daily data by year? I'm seeing we were generating about 20% more kWh 5 years ago. I want to dig down into the monthly/weekly/daily comparisons but can't find a manageable way to do that in the app.

I don’t yet have first hand experience with it, but I think you could get the information you’re looking for from the cloud API: State And Settings

You’ll need some technical knowledge, and how to get a cloud API token for your Tesla account, and keep that value secret/private. Then you’ll need to figure out your site_id, which I think you can do from one of the status endpoints. You could write a relatively simple script which grabs the daily or monthly data for each time period you want, and dump that data to a CSV file, or do some calculations on it, etc. There are likely examples of people doing this in various programming languages in various projects on GitHub.

Upvote 0
How can I easily access historical monthly/weekly/daily data for solar kWh production on the Tesla app?

I'm looking at my solar generation data on the Tesla app on an iPhone. Lifetime data download just gives the yearly totals. Is there any way to get daily data by year? I'm seeing we were generating about 20% more kWh 5 years ago. I want to dig down into the monthly/weekly/daily comparisons but can't find a manageable way to do that in the app.

If you are requesting this data for documentation with your PoCo, your installer should be able to make a request directly with Tesla's Powerwall team and they'll generate spreadsheets for you.

But as others have said, in absence of using that method, you'll either need to sit there and export a bunch of CSV's or you'll need to set up an API connection and access the data with code.

Upvote 0