Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day of judgement is coming and I'm disappointed in the 3SR owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this was an irreversible change, I'd have significantly more sympathy for your case. Indeed, if you have gotten used to features that you did not pay for, and can never access them again, I can see how that would impact satisfaction with the car itself and a feeling that you did not get a chance to adequately evaluate it during the return period.

It should be irreversible, otherwise you'd just buy the upgrade during winter months and wanted seat warmers, and then downgrade it in the summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
It can’t be that hard to have a printer in the delivery center to print correct stickers for people.

Then the whining will just shift to how the sticker doesn't match the delivered car configuration.

I've been on various brand car forums for nearly 20 years and the Tesla consumer group is the biggest group of whiners and nitpickers I've ever seen by a large margin (the LS1 GTO group was probably second...nothing like a group of people with $35k cars that act like they are exotics ;)). Tesla can't win....the goalposts are forever moving. I'd guess it's part of the reason why they don't seem to try very hard.

The point here is that people were told BY TESLA that the only features that were going to change is range and auto pilot deletion (meaning everything else was permanent). Were you told your features were permanent? Probably not. Its not an apples to apples argument.
Selective hearing. People heard what they wanted to hear and when they heard what was the likely truth, they went to find another answer.

Here’s a point I didn’t bring up:

What about the bonafide SR+ purchasers? If someone was going to have a grievance, it would be them.

They bought SR+ mainly because they wanted an upgraded interior as the top consideration.

Since all SR cars have it, they would rightfully feel their premium didn’t buy them the premium product they expected.

That’s why SR owners (like myself) need to STFU and stop being spoiled entitled brats.

They bought SR+ mainly because they wanted an upgraded interior as the top consideration.

Since all SR cars have it, they would rightfully feel their premium didn’t buy them the premium product they expected.

Huh? The SR+ folks got exactly the interior they were expecting.

The fact that others have that interior has no - ZERO - bearing whatsoever on their purchase. They got what Tesla said they'd get ... and that's the only thing that's relevant. If others got lucky and got a "free" upgrade - then, so be it. That's still got nothing to do with the SR+ owner. The petulant child whining "He has a bigger slice than me!!" drives me absolutely 100% bonkers.

Here’s a point I didn’t bring up:

What about the bonafide SR+ purchasers? If someone was going to have a grievance, it would be them.

That’s why SR owners (like myself) need to STFU and stop being spoiled entitled brats.

I am in a different boat...it doesn’t really bother me what features other people have or don’t have access to, but I did buy the SR+ upgrade with Autopilot and still received the email that my car would be downgraded. My fear is that my VIN is not logged into their system correctly and I am going to lose the features I actually paid for. I am concerned about the hassle that will ensue trying to sort it out.

The fact that others have that interior has no - ZERO - bearing whatsoever on their purchase. They got what Tesla said they'd get ... and that's the only thing that's relevant. If others got lucky and got a "free" upgrade - then, so be it. That's still got nothing to do with the SR+ owner. The petulant child whining "He has a bigger slice than me!!" drives me absolutely 100% bonkers.
Wrong thread.
The one on debating this topic is: Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

So much anger in these threads. I don’t get it. We are here to discuss Teslas, not to attack people who have a different point of view from our own. Way too much testosterone on this forum.

I respect your viewpoint and I wish things were that simple.

Problem with standing for everything is standing for nothing.

To me there is no grey area for Tesla pulling back SR+ features from SR cars.

I question the morals and worldview of anyone who wants to justify otherwise.

Hiding being monroney stickers might put you on the right legally but that in my opinion is small consolation for being a scum bag.

I’ve seen more entitlement since coming into the Tesla family than I’ve seen anywhere else. […] The VAST majority of SR buyers knew exactly what they were supposed to get and were banking on something for nothing[…]

I agree. Some folks seem pretty quick to sell their souls for a tiny bit of monetary gain. Every so often, our fellow Tesla owners make me think about Marge Gunderson’s quote from Fargo.
And for what? For a little bit of money. There’s more to life than a little money, you know. Don’t you know that? And here ya are, and it’s a beautiful day. Well, I just don’t understand it.

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
I respect your viewpoint and I wish things were that simple.

Problem with standing for everything is standing for nothing.

To me there is no grey area for Tesla pulling back SR+ features from SR cars.

I question the morals and worldview of anyone who wants to justify otherwise.

Hiding being monroney stickers might put you on the right legally but that in my opinion is small consolation for being a scum bag.

It’s not about standing for something. Anyone who reads my posts knows exactly where I stand on both Tesla’s products and the way they operate their company. I’ve just learned as I get older that when I seek to put down other people who view things differently than me it really only reflects negatively on me and I’d rather not go there. As Michelle Obama stated, when they go low, we go high.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheOtherPete

I agree with you in principle however It’s a little more grey here for SR+ purchasers.

Two buyers. Each one contemplates between SR and SR+.

One decides to be very economical and goes with cloth seats and solid roofs.

The other decides to invest in the glass roof and leather interior.

Guy who orders + gets his car on Sunday. He super because he got what he paid for.

Guy who orders non plus gets his car on Monday. He feels super duper because he got MORE than what he paid for. Like 2 levels more than what he paid for. Partial Premium interior AND SR+ range, performance and other features.

While the SR+ owner has no legal standing to complain on Monday, the SR+ owner is human. They are going to feel bad and it’s not great perception and optics from Tesla.

It’s wasted energy and emotion for the SR+ buyer to complain but if someone wanted to complain they can at least rationalize it.

SR buyers who got two extra slices and pouting over giving back 1 are scum bags.

It’s not about standing for something. Anyone who reads my posts knows exactly where I stand on both Tesla’s products and the way they operate their company. I’ve just learned as I get older that when I seek to put down other people who view things differently than me it really only reflects negatively on me and I’d rather not go there. As Michelle Obama stated, when they go low, we go high.

If my daughters date showed up at my door complaining his 3SR was getting nerfed, I’d throw his ass out immediately.

The date thinking negatively on me is of less concern to me than having my successive generation raised by entitled, morally flexible whiners with no principles.

You negotiate with people who go high and you fight the people who go low. There’s no one size fits all approach.

Last edited:
Then the whining will just shift to how the sticker doesn't match the delivered car configuration.

I've been on various brand car forums for nearly 20 years and the Tesla consumer group is the biggest group of whiners and nitpickers I've ever seen by a large margin (the LS1 GTO group was probably second...nothing like a group of people with $35k cars that act like they are exotics ;)). Tesla can't win....the goalposts are forever moving. I'd guess it's part of the reason why they don't seem to try very hard.

You're correct. However, I think it's normal that $35K car buyers feel most entitled.
I knows I felt lot more entitled in 2003, when I bought my first BMW (entry level, zero options! $35K), then nowadays.

I feel this is part of natural progression of achieving some success in career, but not having yet enough self-confidence, maturity, means and life experience to look at things objectively, rather than through the 'me-me-me' prism.

In 2003, I though I was a hotshot, even-though I was just a selfish and myopic ass... at the start of first real successes in my career. You should've seen hell I've given dealer for telling me car was basic, and then it turned out it had upgraded wheels... And I felt very righteous. So silly. Same thing with todays claims of 'Tesla told me...' or 'Munroe sticker ...'.
Not that I was right then, or SR owners are right now, but it's kinda understandable based on the human psychology.