Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debris blown into car?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my first MYP had no weird issues. My current one is down to 280 miles of range in 6k miles (with me doing my best to limit supercharging, charging to at most 70% daily, etc) and has an issue I have not encountered in a car before. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

When a truck or large vehicle drives by, I will feel a breeze, even with the windows shut. I'm not sure where it is coming from.

On Saturday, there was a big thunderstorm that knocked down trees all over the place. The Tesla had debris on the driver's seat, that looked like dirt. The outside of the car had little twigs, etc.

I'm assuming the "breeze" when large vehicles drive by and the debris inside the car are related. Has this happened to anyone?

(My other MYP, I supercharged exclusively for 16k miles, charged it to 90% daily, twice a week to 100%, and put 1k miles a week on it, with no issues and limited degradation, go figure)

Well, my first MYP had no weird issues. My current one is down to 280 miles of range in 6k miles (with me doing my best to limit supercharging, charging to at most 70% daily, etc) and has an issue I have not encountered in a car before. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

When a truck or large vehicle drives by, I will feel a breeze, even with the windows shut. I'm not sure where it is coming from.

On Saturday, there was a big thunderstorm that knocked down trees all over the place. The Tesla had debris on the driver's seat, that looked like dirt. The outside of the car had little twigs, etc.

I'm assuming the "breeze" when large vehicles drive by and the debris inside the car are related. Has this happened to anyone?

(My other MYP, I supercharged exclusively for 16k miles, charged it to 90% daily, twice a week to 100%, and put 1k miles a week on it, with no issues and limited degradation, go figure)
Are these issues related; the draft and the battery charging regime?

My car had a weird omission of the little plastic duct from the HEPA filter to the firewall - there was nothing connecting the HEPA filter to the actual HVAC system. Maybe yours is missing that as well, so fresh air can push into the vents 100% without restriction?

If you're willing to pop out a few 10mm bolts and remove the frunk, you could check pretty quickly.

Reactions: Physicslawyer