Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a complete profile will move you up in the EDD, but not having a complete profile will move you back.

Gotcha.

When I talked to a Sales Advisor, they recommended me not fill out the credit application until I get a VIN since they would need to run the credit again if over 30 days from the initial credit check.

My EDD was moved from July to March to August now.

Gotcha.

When I talked to a Sales Advisor, they recommended me not fill out the credit application until I get a VIN since they would need to run the credit again if over 30 days from the initial credit check.

My EDD was moved from July to March to August now.
Mine said the same thing, what he forgot to add was Select CASH instead. This will complete the profile and avoid the credit checks until you are ready, which is once you get a VIn assigned.

Reactions: Otter2007
Select either cash or that you will find your on financing company. Then once you have a VIN either apply with DCU, NavyFed, or some other credit union. You can also call Tesla and tell them you would like to finance with them and you'll be able to complete your application. But wait for the VIN before doing anything.

Reactions: BGOwner
My credit offer through Tesla expired. After reading this I set it to cash yesterday. Today my EDD moved from "August 2022" to June 20 - July 18. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it keeps moving in the right direction.
How do you set it to cash once you already have set it to Finance? There seems to be no options to change it after setting it the first time.

My OD is 09/13/2021 for Model Y Long Range. I live in Sacramento, Ca. My EDD date has moved from Jan to April 17 to now May 19.

How do you set it to cash once you already have set it to Finance? There seems to be no options to change it after setting it the first time.

My OD is 09/13/2021 for Model Y Long Range. I live in Sacramento, Ca. My EDD date has moved from Jan to April 17 to now May 19.
Funny Im near you in vacaville. Call the tesla 888 number, choose vehicle option, provide order # and request to remove financing to cash. Once it locks in a EDD you will get a vin# and you can request payment to financing.

Two updates since this last one. My EDD changed on Feb 26th or 27th (I can't remember which day specifically) to March 6-31st and then this morning it changed again to March 4-17th. Interesting that it went from a 2 week range, to just under 3, down to just under a 2 week range. I'm sure there's more to come.
Look on the bright side, you are getting your car before a bunch of August, September and October orders, November too. Be happy you are getting your MYLR so fast. I got over another 6 weeks before I hit the start of my EDD