Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, Black/Black, 5 Seater, 19 inch, no tow, no FSD

OD: 12/29/21
EDD1: July 2022
EDD2: Apr16-May16 2022
EDD3: August 2022 <-- my trade-in offer expired and so I no longer had a complete profile
EDD4: Jun3-July1 2022 <-- resubmitted trade-in offer and was approved again
EDD5: August 2022

This is frustrating to say the least…
I'd suggest you remove the trade-in offer or if it expires let it go. Once you get Vin notification you can submit for trade-in offer again. Also make sure you have payment as cash, those are the best tips. The Tesla SA or cust. serv can always reset the conditions once a Vin# is assigned. Good Luck!

Reactions: JimMay and BGOwner
I'd suggest you remove the trade-in offer or if it expires let it go. Once you get Vin notification you can submit for trade-in offer again. Also make sure you have payment as cash, those are the best tips. The Tesla SA or cust. serv can always reset the conditions once a Vin# is assigned. Good Luck!
I removed trade-in last week (it was set to expire this week) and it made my EDD worse - today I went from May 12-June 9 to August. It’s the same EDD as if I ordered today, not 63 days ago. 😭

Reactions: JimMay
If it's just August and no Dates, then its most likely a placeholder that will jump back.
There's no dates, just August.
If it's just a placeholder, then why don't they write something like: We're updating your delivery estimate.
Legit considered ordering a performance model today instead, since its estimate is April vs spinning my wheels these past 63 days.

There's no dates, just August.
If it's just a placeholder, then why don't they write something like: We're updating your delivery estimate.
Legit considered ordering a performance model today instead, since its estimate is April vs spinning my wheels these past 63 days.
Decided to wait it out with LR though, since I want 19-inch wheels, seven seats, and don't like the idea of lowered suspension.

Thanks Otter - yep I have payment sent to cash, but went through two trade-in offers, before I found out in this forum that it causes your profile to be incomplete and therefore be pushed back. I will just decline trade-in when it expires and just eat the fact that I potentially went back in the line when I could've done it right the first time and avoided this situation. However to my defense, how is any Tesla buyer supposed to know these complexities before hand if they haven't read through this forum.

Thanks Otter - yep I have payment sent to cash, but went through two trade-in offers, before I found out in this forum that it causes your profile to be incomplete and therefore be pushed back. I will just decline trade-in when it expires and just eat the fact that I potentially went back in the line when I could've done it right the first time and avoided this situation. However to my defense, how is any Tesla buyer supposed to know these complexities before hand if they haven't read through this forum.
Hey JimMay (It's tim here ;-). That's great news except for the trade-in annoyance. Yup our Tesla SA told us to fill out trade-in but make sure payment was cash (even thou we will finance). It's frustrating because I reached out to our SA via text to no response at all. She is too busy or non responsive so started googling and found this awesome Tesla motors club forum lol. Did you try Carvana for trade-in offer? we got $3k more then Tesla offered! Good luck! ;-)

I removed trade-in last week (it was set to expire this week) and it made my EDD worse - today I went from May 12-June 9 to August. It’s the same EDD as if I ordered today, not 63 days ago. 😭
Also feeling the frustration. I am fine keeping our current SUV (Honda CRV EX-L), but I am dreaming about riding around in a Tesla THIS SUMMER when it's SUNNY, not when when we go back into hibernation here in the PNW LOL.

Not to mention, I already bought and setup the wall connector and accessories and it's just sitting in boxes in my garage :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Otter2007
Hey JimMay (It's tim here ;-). That's great news except for the trade-in annoyance. Yup our Tesla SA told us to fill out trade-in but make sure payment was cash (even thou we will finance). It's frustrating because I reached out to our SA via text to no response at all. She is too busy or non responsive so started googling and found this awesome Tesla motors club forum lol. Did you try Carvana for trade-in offer? we got $3k more then Tesla offered! Good luck! ;-)
Hey Tim, it's Jimmy haha, yea I tried Carvana and others, but here in WA state, we get to offset the tax against the value of the tesla less the trade-in value, so it amounts to an inherent 10% addition to the trade-in offer, so it ends up beating a straight sale to Carvana, etc.

Since I've found Tesla motors club, I've been on here constantly theorizing and triangulating EDD times, never did that with any other car, but i do get some redeeming entertainment value sometimes haha.

Just reach out to your TA now, before it expires, and ask to remove it.

I went through one round of odometer updates too, before I was given this advice.

Hey Tim, it's Jimmy haha, yea I tried Carvana and others, but here in WA state, we get to offset the tax against the value of the tesla less the trade-in value, so it amounts to an inherent 10% addition to the trade-in offer, so it ends up beating a straight sale to Carvana, etc.

Since I've found Tesla motors club, I've been on here constantly theorizing and triangulating EDD times, never did that with any other car, but i do get some redeeming entertainment value sometimes haha.

Ha ha, Oh nice I've heard others talk about that WA offset tax. I wish CA did that, we have a $2k rebate program for all EV's so that helps offset when you file for that. Yes I've tried triangulating the EDD times too, some days I ignore it then was surprised today to see it change again moving up sooner.

Ha ha, Oh nice I've heard others talk about that WA offset tax. I wish CA did that, we have a $2k rebate program for all EV's so that helps offset when you file for that. Yes I've tried triangulating the EDD times too, some days I ignore it then was surprised today to see it change again moving up sooner.
Here's to hoping it moves up sooner for all of us, I'm still going to keep my expectations that it arrives by June!!!!!!

Just reach out to your TA now, before it expires, and ask to remove it.

I went through one round of odometer updates too, before I was given this advice.

So we can request the trade-in be removed and not impact our delivery date? because I'm in similar boat it expires 3/1/2022 but now I want to do trade-in with Carvana. Any advice? Also our Tesla SA has never replied back (to my prev text messages) so not sure who to contact. lol.

So we can request the trade-in be removed and not impact our delivery date? because I'm in similar boat it expires 3/1/2022 but now I want to do trade-in with Carvana. Any advice? Also our Tesla SA has never replied back (to my prev text messages) so not sure who to contact. lol.
Just spoke with SA and you can indeed remove it via SA. Since you have it set to cash, it will just increase your balance to pay, but won't make your profile incomplete, allowing you to sell it to Carvana. Thought I would add.

Keep us posted.

Mine just got delayed to August as well... whereas I thought it was coming in May. Makes it hard to plan!
Just spoke with SA and removed. Although he said as long as you resubmit your odometer reading within 10 days of trade-in expiration, it shouldn't change your EDD (as in, if your EDD got pushed back due to trade-in expiration, once you resubmit within 10 days, you get to claim back your original EDD time). I just ended up removing the trade-in for peace of mind until I get VIN assigned.