Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, it's strictly looks. I don't think they look bad when you remove the aero covers; I think the silver is a nice contrast to the blue, but the MY aero covers are kind of ugly IMHO. I think the M3 covers look much better, but I've seen some wraps for the Gemini covers that improve the look. But at least the 19" tires should be cheaper and they're more efficient.

I agree though; it's not worth delaying delivery just to change out the wheels.
There are some decent looking aftermarket cover replacements mentioned on this forum somewhere for about 275. Figure I’d get those if I really hate them. I will first try them without the covers

OD:12/23/2021
EDD now 07/09-08/20/2022
MY LR White, black seats, basic wheels no extras
I ordered 2 days after you and I just got pushed out to Dec22-Mar23. MYLR MSM 20" black interior, no tow no FSD. I don't understand the EDD logic. I'm in Austin,TX. I feel like they want to push the AWD version to us locally in TX hoping we'll be desperate enough to settle for what's directly available.

WHAT? You must have taken a Sherry-Vallum cocktail to take that news so calmly after waiting as long. You've still got something to wait for with the new baby this November. Best of luck!
Lmao. I tried but it was headed nowhere, cs poor. It is what it is, i'll save my 60k. The closest thing i'll get is a rivian, which cost more with a wait anyways. So i'll just wait it out. Can't control these things. Thanks.

Picked 'Sabrosa' up Tuesday and haven't found any problems yet. I'm loving this car!

IMG_20220607_132603795_HDR.jpg

Hello Friends,
Car Configs (ordered)
MYLR, 7 seaters, Grey Exterior, Black Interior, standard wheels,no FSD
OD: 12/01/2021
EDD: Multiple (April/May-June/June-July)/July-Aug, latest one August - Sep)
Few things:
I called Tesla (NJ) customer service multiple times, including last Friday and luckily I got a similar config. with 2 exceptions being:
The Exterior color was Red
Delivery was in NY
I choose to go with Red and finally got the car yesterday. Wonderful experience so far.
Finances:
I went with 3rd party finance, initially thought that can take Tesla finance and will later change the same, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE the same is not possible, once you choose Tesla financing (Interest is high) you cannot refinance outside.
Please note since I got confirmation only on Friday it took some time to get the copy of the check (from my bank) and Tracking# for check delivery, without which it's tough to get the car delivery. I was only able to provide the Tracking# and luckily got the car delivery still. Thanks to the Tesla representative I was working with.
Suggestions
Keep calling the tesla customer service(local) and request an option.
Most of the SRs will try to move you to Performance, I would avoid that as:
a.) Price is higher than LR
b.) Comes with Only summer tires (each all-season tire is 449+tax).
Delivery was smooth, please do carry the checklist for items to review before taking the car delivery.

Good luck to those who are still awaiting!!!!!

Guess My VIN Date Pool (With Prize!)

My MYLR blue, tow, 19” ordered 12/1/22 Honolulu delivery has been holding steady after some fluctuations at July 22- August 26. My investigation suggests that deliveries nearer to Fremont factory go out mostly at the end of quarters, and those further away towards the beginning of quarters to allow more time for them to arrive (accounting benefit to having fewer cars in transit at quarter end). So given the EDD and the time it takes to get to Hawaii, mine should be being built around first month of Q3 in July.

Rules: Look at other guesses, select and post a unique date, and give your reasoning. The winner will be person closest to the actual date VIN is assigned. The prize will be something (cheap) from here on Maui that I’ll actually mail to you if you want provide an address (not a scam, I’m a real, bored, person and there’s no entry fee or anything). Good luck!

(PS- I’m going to to this on Reddit at r/TeslaModelY also)