Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham, MA Service Center vs Watertown, MA reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post and I haven't taken delivery yet so I thought I might use it to get some feedback on what will be my regular Service Center, which is either Dedham, MA or Watertown, MA. A quick search appears to show mostly good experiences with both these SCs, but am looking for more recent experiences on delivery, as well as service quality. I expect to pick up end of Sep/early Oct. Is your DS normaly located at the SC, or are they somewhere else? I get the feeling my DS is in CA and I won't be meeting him at delivery, which is fine, as I'm familiar with the car and don't need or want an extended walk through.

On another note, are loaners generally provided for all services?

Thanks,
SP

They're both full of very nice people. The Watertown location is incredibly crowded however, it is much too small. The Dedham location is much more reasonable and generally has a much shorter wait time for appointments

I've always had loaners when they kept the car..

It's going to be scary when Model 3's really start being sold in serious numbers next year. The current service center wait times aren't great as it is.

I'm pretty doubtful about this whole mobile service notion. It's got a bit too much of the "Elon promise" feel to it.

My sales rep was in Boston, and he was great. My delivery was in Dedham in mid June 2017 for a 100D Model S, and the overall experience was pleasant but not perfect. Actual delivery was fine and informative, but car had some cosmetic issues (delivered with damaged bumper), which took awhile to straighten out. Once the part came in about a month later there ended up being more issues with the work that was done, though I think they sub the work out to a local body shop. I was given a 2014 P85 loaner, and the loaner made me very happy I got a 2017 100D! But that's a different story.

Had some not insignificant issues with the work done, but Tesla righted all wrongs and now I am very happy. My previous car repair experience was with Lexus, who has a much more refined system in place. But Tesla is continuing to evolve and try to improve. Still a young company, but the cars are so sweet. Good luck with your new ride!

My delivery was in Dedham in mid June 2017 for a 100D Model S, and the overall experience was pleasant but not perfect. Actual delivery was fine and informative, but car had some cosmetic issues (delivered with damaged bumper), which took awhile to straighten out. Once the part came in about a month later there ended up being more issues with the work that was done, though I think they sub the work out to a local body shop. /QUOTE]

This is the part I'm most worried about after reading other people's delivery stories. The fact that they were willing to try to deliver a new car to you with cosmetic or fit issues bothers me. Are they hoping you won't notice? I know they try and make things right, but it seems to me that making it right BEFORE delivery would be a better strategy. I can only keep my fingers crossed that I don't experience those issues when the time comes.....

just picked up my S75 last Thursday at Dedham. My DS Josh and his assistant Henry were excellent. A 3rd person does your paperwork and payments. I had a very positive experience. My most recent new car deliveries have been Mercedes and Tesla is on par with them. While waiting for the DS, I examined the service waiting room. Clearly, they haven't done much to pamper customers with snacks and beverages as done at Mercedes and Lincoln. Their service facility was extremely busy. Hopefully my car only needs only one service visit per year. Get ready for the best driving experience of your life.

Tesla Dedham is one of the worst places to spend your time and money at, no loa ers available..they give you a voucher and withdraw it before you use it by the end of the day. They over charge or charge for warranty coverage items too as posted by FB groups (Moxel X experience). I would stay away from Tesla Model X in general..and Dedham when it comes to servicing your car.