Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another text today saying that my car has reached my delivery center and I need to complete the remaining items on my account within 48 hours. The only thing I haven't completed is my trade in and I can't do anything there because it still says pending appraisal. I can't even change it to say I don't want to trade in. At this point I would take a home delivery in the next week instead of waiting 3 more weeks (and risk still having to wait for the car to make it our of RI).

@sraatc17 Did you submit an image of your title when you did the trade-in evaluation? If not, then it's pending because it's waiting for that piece of information. I went through that exact scenario.

You can call the customer service. They can help you remove the trade-in from your purchase. I was offered that option when my trade-in got stuck for like 4 days. If everything else is complete, you should get prompted in your order webpage to pay the remaining balance in 15-30 minutes after the trade-in request is removed.

• Helpful
Reactions: sraatc17
@sraatc17 Did you submit an image of your title when you did the trade-in evaluation? If not, then it's pending because it's waiting for that piece of information. I went through that exact scenario.

You can call the customer service. They can help you remove the trade-in from your purchase. I was offered that option when my trade-in got stuck for like 4 days. If everything else is complete, you should get prompted in your order webpage to pay the remaining balance in 15-30 minutes after the trade-in request is removed.

Thanks datoda, That was the problem I just got off the phone with a CS rep in Freemont, told them I would be selling to CarMax, and that I don't need them to finish the appraisal. He said I should be hearing from them within the hour with a change to my account. I'm not very hopeful that it will happen today, but we'll see.

I know they're busy, and I shouldn't complain but its a bit frustrating that I have to call CA to talk to someone about this and can't get anyone from MA on the phone when my Delivery was supposed to be in 3 days.

Well, as expected I wont be getting my car on Tuesday. Just got a text about a reschedules appointment. Checked my email and my new appointment is 12/14 …

I know they're busy, and I shouldn't complain but its a bit frustrating that I have to call CA to talk to someone about this and can't get anyone from MA on the phone when my Delivery was supposed to be in 3 days.

Hey sraatc17, earlier you mentioned that your delivery was scheduled for 12/14. Did they push it ahead when you got the text message? I am asking because I want to know if there is any hope of getting my delivery before the currently scheduled 12/12 date. Thanks.

Hey sraatc17, earlier you mentioned that your delivery was scheduled for 12/14. Did they push it ahead when you got the text message? I am asking because I want to know if there is any hope of getting my delivery before the currently scheduled 12/12 date. Thanks.
No, I had a delivery scheduled for 11/27 but then got an email delaying it to 12/14. I've gotten the text saying that my car is in MA and to complete the remaining check marks twice, even though I can't until they complete the appraisal.

We got our car today at the same time we were installing our second HPWC. Good timing! So far it seemed perfect, and compared to my Model X it looks tiny. On the X, I need to fold my mirror when driving in the garage, but the 3 seems to fit just fine as-is.

Congratulations!

I am also from NH. Did you get all the docs needed for registration and title application with your new M3 delivery?

So got the scoop on Dedham which explains the current delivery wackiness.

Apparently, effective immediately, they can no longer use the parking lot across the street to store the massive amounts of Model 3s staged for delivery. This was unplanned and sudden(not sure the reason) but considering the timing(holidays, pushing mega Models 3 out) it became a logistical nightmare. First, they had to quickly find a new storage lot which is now at Quonset Point in Davisville, RI(so instead of across the street the cars are in a different state). On top of this, its the Thanksgiving weekend and the shippers Tesla relies on to move cars back and forth from RI are operating with a limited schedule...

Anyhow, it's tremendously stressful and difficult for the Dedham delivery personnel as they're dealing with VINs all over the place, no room for anything at the Tesla store parking lot, cranky customers who were expecting their vehicle etc. etc. This will be worked out eventually but for now it is what is is.

My experience yesterday: I was notified 2 hours before my 4PM appt. that the car isn't ready and this would be a "paperwork only appt" then my car would be delivered sometime next week. When I arrived my car was there, registered and ready to go. As I didn't bring my wife I need to drive back up there today from Cape Cod to pick it up. I could be super pissed about this but I'm not and understand the delivery personnel are working incredibly hard with the best information they have at the moment trying to get an unrealistic amount of cars to customers as quickly as possible. When I go to pick up my car today I'll bring some coffee and donuts for the delivery guys then hang around the delivery room lending moral support and fielding questions from waiting customers...then drive home in my new Model 3!!

So got the scoop on Dedham which explains the current delivery wackiness.

Apparently, effective immediately, they can no longer use the parking lot across the street to store the massive amounts of Model 3s staged for delivery. This was unplanned and sudden(not sure the reason) but considering the timing(holidays, pushing mega Models 3 out) it became a logistical nightmare. First, they had to quickly find a new storage lot which is now at Quonset Point in Davisville, RI(so instead of across the street the cars are in a different state). On top of this, its the Thanksgiving weekend and the shippers Tesla relies on to move cars back and forth from RI are operating with a limited schedule...

Anyhow, it's tremendously stressful and difficult for the Dedham delivery personnel as they're dealing with VINs all over the place, no room for anything at the Tesla store parking lot, cranky customers who were expecting their vehicle etc. etc. This will be worked out eventually but for now it is what is is.

My experience yesterday: I was notified 2 hours before my 4PM appt. that the car isn't ready and this would be a "paperwork only appt" then my car would be delivered sometime next week. When I arrived my car was there, registered and ready to go. As I didn't bring my wife I need to drive back up there today from Cape Cod to pick it up. I could be super pissed about this but I'm not and understand the delivery personnel are working incredibly hard with the best information they have at the moment trying to get an unrealistic amount of cars to customers as quickly as possible. When I go to pick up my car today I'll bring some coffee and donuts for the delivery guys then hang around the delivery room lending moral support and fielding questions from waiting customers...then drive home in my new Model 3!!

The lack of clear communication and status updates is what is killing it. If they were more upfront, and maybe gave more options for out of state owners to pick up their car elsewhere I think some of this could be avoided.

Reactions: bd7349
I dropped by Dedham today to see if the car would be there when we take delivery tomorrow at 6pm. The delivery team was absent, but the sales office located it by VIN in RI. It wasn't in their inventory system, but they told me there was a good chance it would be on a truck in time for tomorrow night. They asked me to call the sales extension in the morning so they could check with delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: amhcaveman
Picked up Model 3 yesterday and it's everything everyone said it is, it's absolutely amazing. Since I picked it up yesterday they could only give me a manufacturer plate so I'll have to drive back later today to get my actual plates transferred over. Delivery hell sucks, but once you get your car none of it matters anymore. Glad to finally graduate from this thread lol.

Another delivery failure. Found out my car being delivered today was the one I rejected earlier for paint issues and was sent for auto body repair. I figured I’d give it a chance anyway and had them pull it into garage since it was almost raining and getting dark. They detailed it and was actually pretty impressed with paint. Some fit issues with front bumper but that’s pretty common on model 3. I was going to take it, then I used my phone flashlight and looked along lower rockers. And there it was damage on both sides. That was the kicker for me. At this point, not sure I get rematched by end of the year. Make sure to inspect every part of the car! Dedham was an absolute madhouse this evening!
C144D7EB-9D9A-4AC1-9AE6-D73EA82DE153.jpeg

Success! My car was delivered late last night to Western Mass (delivery appointment was last Wednesday).

Quality issues: Charge port only charges at 16A because it won't latch (complains I am not pushing it in enough, but I am) and a rocker panel needs to be pushed in. Because of the charge port issue they delivered it with 40 miles left....

Service: Called service and they gave me the direct webpage to schedule mobile service, which is awesome.

Title: If you purchased outright, they don't mail the title to you until the state processes it, and evidently they are backed up.

I just had the most success in contacting the Dedham SC. I was able to leave a voicemail for the delivery team ... up until now it would just tell me that their mailbox was full, but now I could leave a message. I'm not holding my breath in waiting for a call back though.

Ordered a Black/Mid Range/Aeros/EAP/Model 3
11/2 Ordered
11/19 received a pickup date for 12/3
11/27 Got my VIN

Haven't heard from my assigned IDA yet. Talked to Tesla customer service 11/27 asking a few questions.
1. Is the 12/3 pickup date realistic? Answer: Yes, car is currently in Philly area
2. What do I need to complete to take delivery of the vehicle on the listed pickup date? Answer: Have the lending information ready for your IDA (Bank/Loan amount)

From what I've been reading the initial delivery pickup date is an unreliable day to expect to drive the car off the lot. What do you guys think about the questions from your own experience?