Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham Vehicle Prep Quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P3D+ is scheduled for delivery on 9/20. I'm getting PPF and was also planning on having that detail shop really go over the car to decontaminate the pain and do any minor corrections necessary. It will be about a week and a half before he has a time slot to do the work. I was temped to just let Tesla prep it, but he recommended to not have Tesla prep the car due to the risk of induced damage on the paint. I'm sure he is correct, but I wanted to see how others have done with delivery at Dedham

So, those who are picky with their paint and detailing, how was your experience upon receiving your prepped car from Dedham?

It seemed to me that when I picked up my model 3 back in June that all they did was peel off any protective white shipping film.
There was no damage to the paint but it kind of had a faint spotty residue pattern left behind. I wasn't super impressed, but was happy to be getting the car. I had the car washed and ceramic coated at a shop and it looked great. (didn't bother with a PPF as I just don't care that much, and I don't think you'll recover the extra cost of one when reselling).

My P3D+ is scheduled for delivery on 9/20. I'm getting PPF and was also planning on having that detail shop really go over the car to decontaminate the pain and do any minor corrections necessary. It will be about a week and a half before he has a time slot to do the work. I was temped to just let Tesla prep it, but he recommended to not have Tesla prep the car due to the risk of induced damage on the paint. I'm sure he is correct, but I wanted to see how others have done with delivery at Dedham

So, those who are picky with their paint and detailing, how was your experience upon receiving your prepped car from Dedham?

Prep was not great but I didn't care much as I was getting PPF and ceramic on it so the detailer took care of a lot of it. The paint had a lot of grit and grime embedded in it - something typically a clay bar would have taken care of. I also noticed a lot of microscratches and swirls in the surface of my dark blue car - especially on the trunk. I didn't care that much as paint correction took care of it.

I did notice a pretty deep fish eye in the paint which Dedham said they would take care of it. After talking with both the detailer and an authroized Tesla body shop, they recommended not doing anything with it as they said it would do more harm than good trying to fix it.

I was very pleased with Dedham's prep of my blue model S75. Maybe, I'm not obsessed with perfection knowing that some truck will kick up a pebble causing a chip. Last Saturday while on errands, I stopped at Dedham for a Supercharge. Only one stall was open for me because they planned to deliver 70-model 3's that day. Interestingly, their supercharger online site listing claimed it was out of service to leave stalls open for model 3 deliveries.

Reactions: chjch and TORQU3
the one at Andover Automotive Elegance is pretty good.

I used one at Burlington called QCar Care.

I'm not sure the cost is really justifiable. I did it on the Model S because all the hype and excitement buying my first Tesla. Now that fever is gone, I'm on the fence to do the same on my Model X which I will order in December.

Where are you guys getting PPF and ceramic done? I found an outfit out of Attleboro (AutoBahn) that has a decent price on PPF and Ceramic. Anyone use them?
What has the cost been for these services?

I'm having paint correction, tint, and PPF done at Auto Nuvo. They came highly recommended and I saw some of their work first hand in their shop. They are pricy, but their work looks second to none after taking some time to look at it closely. A friend of mine had his done at Wheel Dynamix and was happy with their work too.