Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point.

3/31/2016 online reservation deposit the minute that it opened.
Located in Fremont
Contacted in December 2017 and opted to wait for AWD
6/27/18 Order completed as soon as AWD was opened
LR, AWD, Blue, Black Interior ,19" Sport Wheels, EAP

And patiently (?) waiting....no email or phone contact by Tesla

Called today and respectfully registered my unhappiness with the speed and transparency of the process. He today flagged my white interior change order to highest priority. The info I got today was again inconsistent with past info that 1) I've previously received, and 2) what I've read about on social media. The change order computer system does not communicate with the factory computer system. Two completely separate departments. The factory computer system assigns VINs based on production runs and reservation/order info. Once that happens, a Delivery Associate is assigned and the process moves forward. At this time, all the factory sees is my original order with black, thus, they may not have me properly queued for blue/white (as far as I can tell but that point was unclear from the rep). I am seeing my car being delivered to other parts of the country and it makes me wonder if I'm being screwed by the slow change order process.

I also suggested strongly that the customer service managers get their *sugar* together and provide consistent, accurate info to us customers. :mad:

non-owner here: waited in line 3/31/16, ordered 6/27/18, P3D- (no $5k upgrade), deep blue metallic, black interior, aero wheels. My edit button disappeared sometime in the past few days... could that mean a VIN?

I would end up adding it later. Just don't really want to finance the extra 5k

Financing over 5 years (in a 4.5% interest rate) would cost you roughly $467 in interest charges. If you have any plan to get it later, its still cheaper to get it now and pay the interest over 5 years than the extra $1000 later. Regardless up to you, because if you pay later $TSLA makes more there too.

Called today and respectfully registered my unhappiness with the speed and transparency of the process. He today flagged my white interior change order to highest priority. The info I got today was again inconsistent with past info that 1) I've previously received, and 2) what I've read about on social media. The change order computer system does not communicate with the factory computer system. Two completely separate departments. The factory computer system assigns VINs based on production runs and reservation/order info. Once that happens, a Delivery Associate is assigned and the process moves forward. At this time, all the factory sees is my original order with black, thus, they may not have me properly queued for blue/white (as far as I can tell but that point was unclear from the rep). I am seeing my car being delivered to other parts of the country and it makes me wonder if I'm being screwed by the slow change order process.

I also suggested strongly that the customer service managers get their *sugar* together and provide consistent, accurate info to us customers. :mad:

Yea, they are going to deal with a big bubble of cars but need to make it smoother I agree.

I saw another blue 3 locally here down Lockhart Gulch. Hope you get yours soon.

Reactions: Sagedaddy
Just checked my account today, and now the grey dots are now yellow. Edit link is gone as well. Will be doing trade in eval and loan stuff soon. No documents or notification from Tesla yet (will need them for loan because Texas).

Reserved 3/31/16 (line waiter)
Ordered 5/23/18
Changed to Blue from MSM 5/24/18
Added FSD 8/1/18
Edit link gone, loan/self eval active 8/12/18

FSD Blue Black Interior Aero Rims LR AWD

P3D no +
Deep blue metallic
Black interior
Aero wheels
FSD
Reserved 4/10/16
Configured 6/28/18
Delivery estimate Aug-Oct
San Diego delivery
Waiting for page to update so I can put in loan information. I hear it is about a week from VIN to delivery so I hope it happens soon. I will be traveling a lot over the next few months and won’t have a lot of opportunities to pick up the car, especially on short notice.

Finally thrilled to be adding my info here as a data point. As of 1:15am on 8/14/2018, exactly 865 days, 14 hours and 40 minutes after I placed my in-store non-owner deposit, I have now ordered my car
after deferring since 3/22/2018. I've been holding out for AWD, White Interior and the SR battery. But when it looked more and more like SR won't be delivered before 12/31/18, I decided that LR will be what I'm getting. Not that LR is a bad thing, but I have a 0 mile commute, so I really didn't need the extra range and the extra cost. Here are my details:

Reserved non-owner: In-Store (Dedham, MA), 10:35am EDT on 3/31/2016
Invited to configure: 3/22/2018 (deferred)
Ordered: 8/14/2018 at 1:15am EDT

Configuration:
- LR
- AWD
- PUP
- EAP
- 19" Sport Wheels
- Deep Blue Metallic
- Premium White Interior

Pickup: Dedham, MA
Estimated Delivery: Oct - Dec

--Cintoman