Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep sleep - no charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grrr. As if the charging at 16A issue wasn't bad enough. Car went into a deep sleep at just before 11pm, so didn't charge at all. Only realised when I couldn't wake the car up using the app this morning and had to go and open a door to wake the car up. Charge was scheduled via the Ohme app which relies on waking up the car to start the charge. :mad:

• Informative
Reactions: NickName
I use scheduled charging with Octopus Go and a Zappi chargepoint between 0030 and 0430. To make this work I have the charge period programmed into the Zappi and have the car programmed to start charging at 0030. Bit of a pain to set up but generally works fine. The only drawback I have found is that if I want to charge to 90% plus, the charge rate tails off after a while, I think because the car has decided I don’t want to fill the battery before 0530 when, for some reason, it believes I want to depart. Car should offer start AND stop charging period option.

Reactions: JupiterMan
It does take the automaticity out of it somewhat. Means I have to calculate what time to turn the scheduled charging on depending on current SoC and estimated time to charge to target. I'm on a road trip tomorrow so I may well use your method to make sure I get charged fully tonight.

Grrr. As if the charging at 16A issue wasn't bad enough. Car went into a deep sleep at just before 11pm, so didn't charge at all. Only realised when I couldn't wake the car up using the app this morning and had to go and open a door to wake the car up. Charge was scheduled via the Ohme app which relies on waking up the car to start the charge. :mad:

It may be that I've had Sentry Mode active every time I've charged recently so not seen this issue. I'm also using the Ohme chargepoint. I'll try the next charge with Sentry Mode off so the car will be asleep and see if I have issues.

Other than a new Tesla firmware behaviour related to the 16A problem, do you have the Ohme configured to use your Tesla credentials or are you running it in the configuration where it doesn't use these? I guess you are using the credentials based on what you said?

I found since 2020.20 that our car is sleeping much more - its no longer waking during hot periods to help manage cabin temperature which it did even before the restrictions on cabin overheat protection were relaxed in 2020.16. Looks like when awake, it continues to function in a useful way until things cool down. Its common that our car sleeps > 24 hours which was unheard of prior to 2020.20

I've just added a TeslaFi wakeup schedule for 9:30am to hopefully allow cabin overheat to start doing its stuff.

Last edited:
Remembered to try this.

I let the car charge last night on Octopus Agile but without Sentry Mode on to ensure the car slept before the Ohme charger tried to start charging.

Didn’t manage to replicate your problem on this attempt at least. I also didn’t have any 16A charge problems either but have seen that before since last firmware update.

Multiple sleep-charge-online-sleep charging cycles shown below from last night.

8C28784B-44B6-434F-AC94-49D4D76E09ED.jpeg