Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered with a deep gouge in the falcon door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I’ve not accepted delivery on a new MX that had a deep scratch in the door? They told me to schedule an appt with collision center for repair. Wtf to the obvious gouge and aweful service. I have to do the request for service to fix their damage. They didn’t even do that. They delayed the car for paperwork and still delivered with this defect. Car was parked in first spot at the center. Saw the scratch just a few feet from the building’s door.

The hood has an alignment issue. I feel lucky tho. The new MX next to it had an obvious falcon door alignment issue when compared to mine. Yikes.

I didn’t want to lose supercharger promo and wait another month or two. Hoping the COLLISION center can fix my day old new car.

Next EV will be a Volvo. I just need to give competitors a couple years to get going. I figure 3 yrs is enough.
IMG_7787.jpeg

Last edited:
Do not accept delivery. REJECT IT ASAP.
Sadly I did for the mentioned reasons. I could get a car with bigger issues like the one that was next to mine. I’d also lose the supercharger promo. It’s just a hugely disappointing start to joining the Tesla family. I have their solar and power walls. The car tho….entirely opposite experience to those products.

Ironically I was scheduled for PPF same day as pickup. Had to reschedule.

Guess I’m gambling that not all of the teslas are lemons. I’ll enjoy it for 3 years then be done with Tesla. I’m a huge techie and always wanted one.

It’s not just a gamble that all Teslas are lemons.

It’s a gamble that all the tech actually makes the vehicle prone to “firmware bugs” which could impact how safe the car is to operate. It’s also a gamble that should your vehicle be a lemon, Tesla (and it’s advocates) will go out of their way to make you feel that you’re the problem.

On the plus side, should you crash, Teslas have a great unibody and have exceptional crash safety scores.

Reactions: rpo
Sadly I did for the mentioned reasons. I could get a car with bigger issues like the one that was next to mine. I’d also lose the supercharger promo. It’s just a hugely disappointing start to joining the Tesla family. I have their solar and power walls. The car tho….entirely opposite experience to those products.

Ironically I was scheduled for PPF same day as pickup. Had to reschedule.

Hey @rpo, would you recommend spending thousands of dollars putting PPF on your new Model X?

Sorry couldn't resist.

I delayed “accepting” my delivery 3 times now making them fix alignment issues (hood and rear trunk). They said “you could accept delivery and request service appt.” I told them, no… you guys fix it first and let me know when it’s done. Of course, they come back and fix within one to two days vs. it will take over a week to find an appt slot and many days for service to fix.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer