Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries now through 12/31 get 3 months of FSD for free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some BS. Took delivery 7 days ago and not eligible. Would of waited if I or anyone knew. I guess done in true Tesla fashion.
You betcha - Elon turning the screws trying to get those last sales in the bucket before the year is out.

He would ask you to accept delivery of a car that needs to be pulled by Clydesdales. Just as long as he can include it in Q4 revenue.

How is this the correct way to run an auto company ?

It's like buying something from a carnival barker.

You betcha - Elon turning the screws trying to get those last sales in the bucket before the year is out.

He would ask you to accept delivery of a car that needs to be pulled by Clydesdales. Just as long as he can include it in Q4 revenue.

How is this the correct way to run an auto company ?

It's like buying something from a carnival barker.
Blame the public markets, they base the “success” of Tesla on how many cars it sold.

I almost wonder if Musk needs to fund a private holding company that will bulk purchase cars with his own money at the end of the quarters/year so it’ll make it onto the books as a sale and then he can have them delivered to customers at a slightly more relaxed pace.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsight
Blame the public markets, they base the “success” of Tesla on how many cars it sold.

I almost wonder if Musk needs to fund a private holding company that will bulk purchase cars with his own money at the end of the quarters/year so it’ll make it onto the books as a sale and then he can have them delivered to customers at a slightly more relaxed pace.
I agree with you in many respects. Market obsession with quarterly results at the expense of long-term strategy is just the public company way.

It just feels wrong when Tesla pushes so hard on the sales button to the exclusion of basics like car build quality - quality assurance - proper delivery procedures etc.

I had more love from the Best Buy guys who delivered and installed our new dishwasher this month. Friendly - checked out the unit thoroughly as they unboxed it - didn't rush the install - made sure it worked after they plugged it in.

If you get this out of a $799 Kitchenaid - surely you should expect more out of your 50K and up automobile ?

Reactions: Gy2020

Thats called channel stuffing. Very much frowned upon by WS and investors. Although the legacy cat companies do that all the time selling bulk units to dealers at a convenient time for them.

Reactions: jsight
I’m not saying it’s GOOD that Tesla is doing this, just why they’re doing it. If Tesla misses the mark Elon arbitrarily set for himself years ago, or declines in delivers the markets will have a grand old time with that news. The stock will go down, every headline will be doom and gloom, etc.

Personally I don’t think it would actually hurt Tesla long term, and in fact, if build quality could be nailed down I think it would help them. However, for whatever reason, Elon doesn’t even like that temporary bad news and market dips. Possibly he talks with large investors and other automakers more than we think and he hates them having any “valid” point to remind him they think he’s going to fail? Who knows... I’m just saying that’s why there is the insane push...

I pick up my new Tesla in a few hours time.... Adaptive cruise control is going to be great (something my Morgan doesn't have!) but I can't say I am that fussed about FSD. I only ordered the Tesla the other week - it's been a very rapid process thanks to Tesla's Q4 delivery targets. It was originally (when ordered) a Feb/March delivery slot, I think it's the fastest new car process I've ever had.