Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries on hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live a long way from the Service Center. Still driving. Will check when we have a chance.
Thanks,
Enjoy the ride.
I get my MS 100D in 1 week on Tuesday

Just relaying requests and your responses to & from another thread.
Tesla Replacing Gen 1 UMC with Gen 2 UMC

Yes, that part is totally new! Perhaps with the latest firmware update. That wasn't there on the previous screens. The entire User Agent is new/changed. No more QtCarBrowser, but the interface looks unchanged. Interesting.

Now's a good time to run this test again on both MCU1 vs MCU2: The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

PIcked mine up this morning. So far so good. Looks like it has the new MCU. Much more responsive and easier to use than the previous ones we've played with.

When we went to pick up, it had a software update notice so I'm guessing they didn't have time to update it. After going home I immediately updated.

I went to the html5test page. Here are a few shots:

F47D7B3D-9D7B-4F42-8412-147BC89FE435.jpeg
693F5FFF-FDFB-4879-9104-235F6F8B3EAD.jpeg
839F59CD-8011-4FD7-9DCF-304ABC8DE6AA.jpeg
324074B3-CAC4-4892-A9D0-0191EC2A7EC5.jpeg
52714D53-9187-4A95-8607-1CDAFA41522B.jpeg

A little more detail on our trip yesterday to the Service Center. We talked for a while with the manager. He said they had 100 cars on the lot to deliver. They were delivering about 17 a day (5 while we were there including us). And there were more car carriers on the way (one was on the street). I'm sure they are pushing hard to make Q1 deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: ModlS3XY
I’m delayed again. For some reason they cant get it on a truck from Cali to here. Annoyed.

Yep same here, Day 13 in production status waiting to be put on a truck.

I'm wondering if this sudden influx of model 3 deliveries affecting X and S deliveries. Meaning earlier once production was done it was immediately put on a truck but now probably lot more vehicles and they have still not expanded their factory to service center delivery mechamism. May be takes them some time to get this figured out and we are just unlucky we got caught when model 3 production is ramping up?

Just trying to make sense out of why it's not getting on to the truck

Talked to my DS yesterday. He told me there was some issue in Texas for Tesla to do direct delivery there. Thus all the Texas bound Teslas had to get diverted to somewhere outside the borders of Texas. This tied up the delivery vehicles and put a strain on their vehicle transportation network. We were supposed to pick ours up today and now pushed to next week.

Talked to my DS yesterday. He told me there was some issue in Texas for Tesla to do direct delivery there. Thus all the Texas bound Teslas had to get diverted to somewhere outside the borders of Texas. This tied up the delivery vehicles and put a strain on their vehicle transportation network. We were supposed to pick ours up today and now pushed to next week.

My DS told me something similar. Also, he said they have record number of deliveries and not enough trucks to deliver them. Patience is not my strong suit.

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Woohoo finally status change :)

Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Also, got an email from DS to schedule date for delivery, looks like an automatic email that gets triggered when status changes from production to in transit. Either way looks like good for early next week delivery :)

Reactions: WINGIT
anyone picking up from MdR this week?

I picked up from MdR on Saturday. Great service! My DS even came out to say a quick hello and my dog was a big hit! According to the guy who took me to the car, that delivery center is bigger than the one in Fremont!

Unfortunately, my car went into service on Tuesday and I’m crossing my fingers I’ll get it back on Friday. My instrument panel went dark for a few hours on Saturday after pick up but was fine by nighttime and all day Sunday and Monday. Went dark on Tuesday morning and they had me take it to service. Other than that issue, the car was great for the couple hundred miles I did drive so far...

Reactions: WINGIT
I picked up from MdR on Saturday. Great service! My DS even came out to say a quick hello and my dog was a big hit! According to the guy who took me to the car, that delivery center is bigger than the one in Fremont!

Unfortunately, my car went into service on Tuesday and I’m crossing my fingers I’ll get it back on Friday. My instrument panel went dark for a few hours on Saturday after pick up but was fine by nighttime and all day Sunday and Monday. Went dark on Tuesday morning and they had me take it to service. Other than that issue, the car was great for the couple hundred miles I did drive so far...

What is your software version? Was it 2018.10.2?