Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivering Austin Gigafactory Teslas within the state of Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The paper transaction will go through another state like Nevada. The car will go directly from the Texas factory to your house or SC.
Are you sure? I had thought the new vehicle has to be physically out of state when the transaction happens. Then you "bought it" out of state.

I recall an Elon comment that stated that he would "prefer" if Texas laws where changed so that Tesla would not need to ship the CT out of state first.

Edit:
Also, I have never seen a new inventory car listed in Texas.

Reactions: MontyFloyd
Are you sure? I had thought the new vehicle has to be physically out of state when the transaction happens. Then you "bought it" out of state.

I recall an Elon comment that stated that he would "prefer" if Texas laws where changed so that Tesla would not need to ship the CT out of state first.

Edit:
Also, I have never seen a new inventory car listed in Texas.
I talked with a SA in Austin a few weeks ago and she said that they can ship to SC, home, or maybe a factory pick up. The cars won't be shipped out of Texas and back in.

Also, there were confirmed deliveries to employees. Those cars never left the city.

Reactions: dduffey
I talked with a SA in Austin a few weeks ago and she said that they can ship to SC, home, or maybe a factory pick up. The cars won't be shipped out of Texas and back in.

Also, there were confirmed deliveries to employees. Those cars never left the city.
Law is still on the books, so either Texas is not enforcing, or there is something that is keeping some lawyer happy.