Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delayed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow the 14th (P-MY - Los Angeles) and Tesla called and told me they have to delay until the end of the month.
Told me that because its a 1gen product it needs to go through a extra inspection phase for quality assurance and that this was always the case and that the delivery appointment was made in error?!

Needless to say I'm incredibly disappointed. (first world problems) I already payed for the car! I am super laid back about stuff like this but this really puts me out.

Anyone else get delayed?

Cancelled my order this morning. Such a bummer but will order again once the climate is a little more predictable. I can't be buying a new car at the moment. Oh well. Was approved for financing, waiting on VIN. Fudge.
Congrats on the new owners of the Y, looks amazing!

Cancelled my order this morning. Such a bummer but will order again once the climate is a little more predictable. I can't be buying a new car at the moment. Oh well. Was approved for financing, waiting on VIN. Fudge.
Congrats on the new owners of the Y, looks amazing!
Bummer, hopefully soon! Tell them to transfer the order to me I'm waiting :)

perhaps i've missed the posts, but i don't recall anyone else being asked to pay in advance, beyond the refundable at a moments notice $2,500.00. discussions by people taking delivery, as far as i've read on these forums, have all been about handing over the check after they've scoured the new car for problems. other than this there haven't been any pig in poke posts.

a quick peek into the internets did not find any mention of tesla and "financial delivery".

plus - bobfunn has only this one post on all these forums.

Full amount was charged from my account through Plaid on Thursday. Sunday now, and now communication from Tesla on delivery day at all.

Do you have assigned VIN or MVPA?
I would have not paid so early, not until there is at least a VIN/MVPA, and delivery date.

For me, these 4 events need to happen before paying: Assigned VIN with MVPA, the car arrives at delivery center, Delivery Advisor set pick up date, and able to inspect the car at delivery.

With Tesla, anyone of those steps can change - you hear stories about last minute (and I mean last minute)
change where they can not deliver the car, and sad part is we can't do much about it except cancel, or wait.

Last edited:
I stopped by the center to see if any Y's were being delivered on my day so I can take a look at it and decide if I want to go through with the order, there weren't any so the delivery date mistake seems legit.
I'm still a big believer in the cause and can't wait for the Y but what an incredible disappointment to have it cancelled less then 24 hours before delivery.

I stopped by the center to see if any Y's were being delivered on my day so I can take a look at it and decide if I want to go through with the order, there weren't any so the delivery date mistake seems legit.
I'm still a big believer in the cause and can't wait for the Y but what an incredible disappointment to have it cancelled less then 24 hours before delivery.
Could be hidden inside ,, in Maryland Tesla location they have 5 and all inside :(

Do you have assigned VIN or MVPA?
I would have not paid so early, not until there is at least a VIN/MVPA, and delivery date.

For me, these 4 events need to happen before paying: Assigned VIN with MVPA, the car arrives at delivery center, Delivery Advisor set pick up date, and able to inspect the car at delivery.

With Tesla, anyone of those steps can change - you hear stories about last minute (and I mean last minute)
change where they can not deliver the car, and sad part is we can't do much about it except cancel, or wait.
VIN is assigned (11xx), i am picking from The factory delivery center in Fremont, no date set.
The steps order on my page implies that delivery can’t happen unless paid, and payment (ACH) takes 3 business days.

VIN is assigned (11xx), i am picking from The factory delivery center in Fremont, no date set.
The steps order on my page implies that delivery can’t happen unless paid, and payment (ACH) takes 3 business days.

I know, they make it seem that you must pay ahead of delivery day...but California is not a state where Tesla must do that. See this page:

Frequently Asked Questions - Ordering a Tesla

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200315-141116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200315-141116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: rxlawdude