Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery etiquette question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla employees are paid. They are not providing you a “service” that would justify a “tip”.

Tipping Tesla employees for doing the job they are paid to do and delivering you the car you purchased is completely unwarranted.

This is why tipping is confusing to many people who do not live in the United States, for the above description applies to every profession where tipping is common in the United States.

(This is not an statement for or against tipping, in this case or in general, just that the contexts in which it is expected are arbitrary.)

Tesla employees are paid. They are not providing you a “service” that would justify a “tip”.

Tipping Tesla employees for doing the job they are paid to do and delivering you the car you purchased is completely unwarranted.

I agree that there is NO need to tip for standard work. However, if you feel the employee has gone significantly beyond expectations, then a gratuity seems appropriate. $5, 10, or 20 is fine, but no more.
Recently, my ms was out of range for V10 OTA upgrade. The service advisor told me where to park vehicle for strong WiFi and invested an hour to push software to vehicle. So pleased with his pleasant attitude and follow through, I gave him a gratuity.