Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN earlier this week (before the policy change removing the VINs). While going through the process of getting loan terms through Tesla Finance, I noticed something in the final price of the car. On my Tesla account page, it lists my price as $55,000 which is accurate. Base price $49k + color $1k + EAP $5k. But when I received the loan terms for the Tesla credit analyst, the configuration price is listed as $56,000. I asked the credit analyst about the price and he said to check with my ISA. My ISA didn’t respond to my email & I’ve left a voicemail. I just thought maybe I could get a quicker answer here. So is the $1k delivery fee factored into that final price, or is that in the “fees” section of the term sheet I received. I’m attaching a picture of the term sheet in question. Just want to make sure there isn’t a mistake.

Attachments

• B00BD883-52CE-48A9-BCE7-A69E8DE83FDA.jpeg
    B00BD883-52CE-48A9-BCE7-A69E8DE83FDA.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 646
  • 37CD0F46-3AB8-4BC3-B9D8-DC0905D79001.jpeg
    37CD0F46-3AB8-4BC3-B9D8-DC0905D79001.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 574
It is in the Fees section of your 2nd image.

$1,000 Destination & Doc Fee, just like any other car bought in the US (amount changes but not the fee type).

The configurator knows you put $1,000 reservation deposit so it deducts it (negates the Destination Fee).

$35,000 Base
$9,000 LR
$5,000 PUP
$1,000 Color
$5,000 EAP
$55,000
+ $1,000 Destination & Doc Fee (cost to process ppwk and ship to your SC)
$56,000 Total Owed to Tesla
- $1,000 Reservation Deposit
$55,000
- $2,500 Order Deposit
$52,500 + TTL Due

Last edited:
It is in the Fees section of your 2nd image.

$1,000 Destination & Doc Fee, just like any other car bought in the US (amount changes but not the fee type).

Right, destination fee. I’ve heard it referred to as delivery fee sometimes, so yes same thing I was asking about. I do know it’s a standard fee for any car purchase.

So I understand it’s in the second picture I posted as one of those “fees”, but then it’s not a part of the $4,610 in the first picture at the bottom where it says “Apprx sales tax/OFFICIAL FEES”. That’s where my confusion is. I know it’s $55k + fees, but then did they add that fee to the ‘configuration price’ and not in the ‘official fees’ section? I would think configuration price would say $55k and the destination fee would be in the official fees part.

This is typical of all new cars. Look at the sticker on any car on the lot and you will see a MSRP or “sticker price”. Then below that you will see the destination and documentation fee. Basically the price listed in your 2nd picture is the MSRP that would appear on a normal new car window sticker and the price in the 1st picture is the final sale price including all fees. That is the one used to determine any applicable sales taxes.

Basically the price listed in your 2nd picture is the MSRP that would appear on a normal new car window sticker and the price in the 1st picture is the final sale price including all fees. That is the one used to determine any applicable sales taxes.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the help. I figured they weren’t making a mistake but wanted to make sure. I appreciate the clarification