Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in Process Orlando

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text last night my car arrived 3 days early. I got a call to pick it up today. I explained my concerns the Orlando SC offered for me to come look over the car and if anything found during inspection they would fix it this week.

So I went down there and was cautiously concerned about the overall condition and quality. Im a Mercedes Technician and they told me the car is not a luxury car and is built in a different manner. I even had a Technician come out and tell me the same thing that you can't compare them to a luxury brand they are a technology company.

Well the good is looking over the car I found about 8 interior fitment concerns and a few exterior. They told me they will address them and I can pick it up Wednesday. I took a few pictures.

Attachments

• 20200831_171312.jpg
    20200831_171312.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200831_170427.jpg
    20200831_170427.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200831_170300.jpg
    20200831_170300.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200831_170305.jpg
    20200831_170305.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200831_172009.jpg
    20200831_172009.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200831_180724.jpg
    20200831_180724.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for this. What's the VIN range?

My DA seemed to be preparing me already (3.5 weeks before projected delivery) for a "hard sell" on NOT inspecting prior to signing - similar to reports of people who aren't allowed entry into the car before signing documentation... basically very much pushing the 7-day inspection and return policy and stating how busy they will be with deliveries when my car is expected. Hoping to take the same action as yourself.

Orlando is my SC and I took delivery a few weeks ago. Honestly, they were great. There was no pressure. I was able to look thru the entire car prior to “accepting delivery” they even noted a few issues and sent it to the SC while I waited. Those that were more complicated, they made an apt for me and paid for a loaner (non Tesla). Those communication has been great and I am very pleased.

Orlando is my SC and I took delivery a few weeks ago. Honestly, they were great. There was no pressure. I was able to look thru the entire car prior to “accepting delivery” they even noted a few issues and sent it to the SC while I waited. Those that were more complicated, they made an apt for me and paid for a loaner (non Tesla). Those communication has been great and I am very pleased.

Thanks. My experience to this point has been great, so I'm hoping for the best on delivery day.

I got a text last night my car arrived 3 days early. I got a call to pick it up today. I explained my concerns the Orlando SC offered for me to come look over the car and if anything found during inspection they would fix it this week.

So I went down there and was cautiously concerned about the overall condition and quality. Im a Mercedes Technician and they told me the car is not a luxury car and is built in a different manner. I even had a Technician come out and tell me the same thing that you can't compare them to a luxury brand they are a technology company.

Well the good is looking over the car I found about 8 interior fitment concerns and a few exterior. They told me they will address them and I can pick it up Wednesday. I took a few pictures.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. So does that mean that you "accepted delivery" and they are working on the fixes now, or that you got to look it over and make recommend changes before "accepting delivery",?

Glad to hear you and others have had a good experience there. I'm hoping to get a car from there soon.

Egoodro85. Same experience. Looked it over Tuesday when it came in and noted a few minor adjustments. Was assured it was fixed and ready for pickup yesterday. Well the adjustments made it a lot worse. Rear door was crooked, hatch was now misaligned, and they gouged the door sill paint when they fixed the door handle that was sticking. I had to reject it. I was not happy at all. Back to the end of the list I guess.

Egoodro85. Same experience. Looked it over Tuesday when it came in and noted a few minor adjustments. Was assured it was fixed and ready for pickup yesterday. Well the adjustments made it a lot worse. Rear door was crooked, hatch was now misaligned, and they gouged the door sill paint when they fixed the door handle that was sticking. I had to reject it. I was not happy at all. Back to the end of the list I guess.

I had a just as bad experience they resolved some things and then I was told it was to tesla spec. Some interior trim was scratched and that is to tesla spec. This company's customer service is by far the worst. The car thou is phenomenal

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. So does that mean that you "accepted delivery" and they are working on the fixes now, or that you got to look it over and make recommend changes before "accepting delivery",?

Glad to hear you and others have had a good experience there. I'm hoping to get a car from there soon.

I got to look it over before delivery day. They did make some fixes and other told they are to spec. Even a scratch is to spec. When I repeatedly called them out they eventually made up a excuse and said they found paint inclusions and were going to unmatch me from the car. The service center is a damn joke. I will be calling corporate and filling a complaint if things don't get resolved.

So I did end up taking delivery 2 days later with the condition of the car. It was about 90% flawless. So now to fight the fight with tesla.

I dont recommend the Orlando service center at all. Im a Mercedes Benz Technician and have been in the automotive industry for a long time and no automotive service center operates like them they are a bunch of crooks.

I dont recommend the Orlando service center at all. Im a Mercedes Benz Technician and have been in the automotive industry for a long time and no automotive service center operates like them they are a bunch of crooks.

You're saying that the Orlando SC doesn't even operate similarly to other Tesla SC's across America? That is a very interesting allegation... I think we (and Tesla themselves), would love to hear more.

Reactions: CO_MY
You're saying that the Orlando SC doesn't even operate similarly to other Tesla SC's across America? That is a very interesting allegation... I think we (and Tesla themselves), would love to hear more.
Unfortunately most are substandard, if the standard is what you’ll find at other manufacturers.

Yes, no dealerships are nice if you’re one to get flustered by sales and marketing. But instead of having leverage over a local dealer that at some level needs to earn your business, you have one national dealer in which customer/owner service is not part of corporate ethos. There are some fine people at local service centers that do their best to overcome this, but in general you’ll be fighting corporate greed any time you need to deal with Tesla.

How can a damaged part be to Tesla specs?
How can there be a spec on accepting damage on a new part?
How can you say its to spec without stating the spec?
How can you tell me take it or go pound sand in this day and age we live in?
Was told they are not a car company but a technology company but you build cars?
There are panels clearly loose and told that's to spec?
How can a part be to spec when it is not even fastened?
I've also been told if I leave a honest survey I'll get even worse service so what is the point in the survey?
When spending 62k on a car im told i need to lower my expectations?
When asking about what the spec is they just go round and round with you
When asked about water intrusion being a emergency and why it took 6 weeks to get it looked at was told but thats how busy we are.
I dont have a water leak but a friend did and took 6 weeks to get it looked at.
I've been told that it is just the Orlando SC that is problematic.