Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery not accepted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching these posts as I 'consider' putting in an order for a MYP. I'm curious about the silver/white color combo, any photos of your car NY_Rob? Thats a combo I am considering, but a little concerned about the white interior as I have two dogs and do a lot of mountain biking/hiking.......you know, outside getting dirty stuff! Thanks.
The white interior cleans easily. Both our cars have white interiors with no visible marks.

S - 3 years, approaching 47k miles, blue/white.

3 P- - 2 years, 14k miles, MSM/white. Very nice look with the base aero wheels. Especially since it’s a “stealth” performance delivered before trunk badges were in production.

I telecommuted a fair amount even before COVID-19, so share my Model S with our older daughter’s family who live nearby. She and her husband pay 50% of the costs & are on the insurance policy. The car is in their hands 80% of the time and is their first-choice vehicle, no surprise. Three children - 10, 10 and nearly 8.

No restrictions on our cars. They work for us, we don’t work for them, though we do maintain by the book and clean. The upholstery has endured blood, auto grease, smeared vegetation, spilled coffee in front, ice cream drips, dropped candy, chocolate chip cookie crumbs, leaky trash bags on dump runs, car sickness, leaky red wine corks... It cleans up like new.

Our younger daughter and her husband expect to pick up their Y LR today. MSM / White. They are very active- hikes, paddle boards...

I expect you will enjoy your 3 for many years and miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdaviskc
I was supposed to take my Tesla delivery today here in Columbus, Ohio vin # 076xxx but ended up not accepting the delivery after noticing the car's issues. There were two-gap issues, one with the hood and two with the tail light on the driver side, including condensation in the tail light. There were some minor issues with the trim above, a couple of the wheels being loose or not snapped in incorrectly. There was a chip in the paint just below the tail light that I mentioned above. There was a mark on the sun visor as well. Now all of these things could have easily been fixed and would of been fixed. Now for the 3 major reasons why I did not accept delivery of the car and ill post the photos too. One there was problem with the inside the car where the trunk opens from the car The ceiling of the inside roof was sagging, and the rubber didn't cover where the fabric stopped because the top was hanging too low. The second was a crack in the driver side headlight would have needed to be replaced. Thirdly there was a dent in my trunk towards the bottom of it. This dent wasn't noticed during delivery prep but noticed before I got there and was immediately pointed out to me. However, to fix it the whole trunk would of needed replaced.
update took delivery today of vin# 084xxx couldn’t be happier I didn’t find any fit or finish issues. SA was there the whole time to help me look over the car. He made sure to answer any questions I had also I got the 1k free supercharger miles.

We just rejected a delivery today as well, for vin# 85xxx.

Most of the car is okay... i would accept some minor panel gap not perfect, but we rejected due to the passenger side front door misaligned big time, the window is completely sticking out.

The tesla rep told me it is due to new window seal not broken in. And I remember a thread that i read here, the seal is not the reason, body shop need do modify the door hinge or something to realign the door.
It is not a small job.

The rep. noticed my hesitation and told me very nicely that I can wait for another car if i don’t feel comfortable . I am very pleased with that.

Let’s see how long i have to wait for the next available car. The Rep. said 6-8 wks

Attachments

• 401D7D6E-F352-42BA-A250-D150DC8AB599.jpeg
    401D7D6E-F352-42BA-A250-D150DC8AB599.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 1834D3CC-8446-4A01-86EC-83E798FDF23A.jpeg
    1834D3CC-8446-4A01-86EC-83E798FDF23A.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Sorry to hear. I was in the similar situation like yours. I have rear panel issues, doors not aligned, and biggest, a ding on the hood. Pointed out to the delivery guy, he said tesla would replace, and so I accepted. Was this close to not accept, but anyway, I scheduled for a service 12/29 for the hood replacement and other issues I pointed out to them. Good luck!

Sorry to hear. I was in the similar situation like yours. I have rear panel issues, doors not aligned, and biggest, a ding on the hood. Pointed out to the delivery guy, he said tesla would replace, and so I accepted. Was this close to not accept, but anyway, I scheduled for a service 12/29 for the hood replacement and other issues I pointed out to them. Good luck!
Sorry to hear that. I hope they will fix everything for you.
Good luck!

YOW! Up to TWO MORE MONTHS?

As heard in a Salsa commercial: "Somebody git a rope!"

Man, that's brutal.

I rather wait than deal with the repair that i am not sure they can be fixed. if this can be easily adjusted, i bet they would just adjust it for me at the lot.

I am lucky enough to be in a situation that i can wait for the car.

And i also like the tesla rep. being upfront about the wait time. i appreciate honesty over some BS time frame that they cannot deliver.

...we rejected due to the passenger side front door misaligned big time, the window is completely sticking out.
The tesla rep told me it is due to new window seal not broken in.

That would have been pretty easy to prove or disprove in 5 seconds right on the spot... just roll the window down. Is the door still misaligned?

Reactions: origingalatic
That would have been pretty easy to prove or disprove in 5 seconds right on the spot... just roll the window down. Is the door still misaligned?

Yes, after the window is down, the front door position is still the same. The end of the front door is about 1/2 inch lower than the start of the rear door.

I just check the tesla website, new orders are 1-12 weeks wait time!!!

Most of the car is okay... i would accept some minor panel gap not perfect, but we rejected due to the passenger side front door misaligned big time, the window is completely sticking out.

The tesla rep told me it is due to new window seal not broken in. And I remember a thread that i read here, the seal is not the reason, body shop need do modify the door hinge or something to realign the door.
It is not a small job.

The rep. noticed my hesitation and told me very nicely that I can wait for another car if i don’t feel comfortable . I am very pleased with that.

Let’s see how long i have to wait for the next available car. The Rep. said 6-8 wks

I recently rejected my car on Sat (MYP 7919x) due to rear door alignment issues. The image of your front window, I did notice and was initially concerned because the windows didn't rollup into the trim seal like the rear did. I could roll the front windows down a bit and then back up which they would go into the seal and then "bounce" down about 1/4-1/2" from peak and appear to stick out a bit.

This made me mark it as an issue. Well, it was cold out so I turned the car on and put the heat on full blast while continuing my inspection. after a while I noticed the windows were in the FULL UP position which took me off guard. I then rolled the windows down and back up at which time they didn't "bounce" they rolled completely up.
Apparently this is a FEATURE, and not a defect. At certain temperatures the windows will "bounce" down to prevent the window from freezing inside the seal. Once the car is warm enough it will auto roll up the windows into the seal.....

My SA had no clue but did a little research while inspecting the car. Maybe you issue was different?

Well, I would have called out the SA right there on the spot on that one... I have no tolerance for BS from car salesmen.
.5" off is a terrible difference!

i think they are trained to say it is “ within tolerance “ or “within spec”, he was just doing his job.

He was very courteous and suggested to me to wait for another car if i wanted.

I thought it would be a lot of pressure from them to sign the paper and accept the car as is and deal with the repair, but it wasn’t.

Even though i was disappointed in the car, I am happy with the service and how the situation was handled.

This is a tough time in the world now, we don’t need anymore unnecessary stress and confrontation. Let’s be cool, getting a new tesla should be a happy event!