Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery party!!!! Having some doubts???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who received their car at home via the personal delivery process, could you please provide your feedback on the delivery. Since I reserved the S, I have planned to have a bunch of family members and friends at home, have a cocktail-like party and then the car shows up, everybody say WOW!!!!, I would have fun giving rides to the guests...

I think I idealized the process and the more I read or the closer I get to my delivery the more I believe it is going to be very impractical to have guests with high expectations at home.

I can only picture me in the car with the DS for 2-3 hours and a bunch of them waiting in the house while I get trained on the car. Thanks for your feedback.

I would have your delivery party after you get your delivery. That way on delivery day you can just maybe invite a small number of people over and enjoy it a little more. The bigger party can be later and you'll have more time to plan. Congrats!

I did exactly as you are planning. My car was delivered on a Sunday (VIN 168). My guests showed up at about the same time as my delivery. I think all of them enjoyed themselves even though I was involved with the tutoring and paperwork. I was fortunate enough to have a Roadster owner as a friend who stopped by and parked next to my Model S. Plenty of oohs and aahs.

Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Yeah... after spending countless hours on TMC and the TM forum, I can say that I'm relatively comfortable with the overall operation of the car but I still want to enjoy the walkthrough :)

I think I will still organize something maybe a little bit more reasonable than what I was originally thinking.

Personal style and preference.

I would prefer to have my time to enjoy the car, test some stuff, ask some questions, and just sit there and bask in it -- plus get some actual miles and a Tesla Grin or six on my mug -- before having guests over. I don't want to miss that opportunity because, after all, the person I care most about satisfying with the delivery experience is me. :)

It may go as kvietor's did, but I hang out here, read a fair bit and still obsessed enough for my delivery to last about 4hours (although maybe 45minutes was insurance related). It is such a great car, I suspect many people are laser-beam focused on it while taking delivery. If you have someone else to play host (? A bemused wife or some such) while you soak in your new joy, that could work well. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
I would have your delivery party after you get your delivery. That way on delivery day you can just maybe invite a small number of people over and enjoy it a little more. The bigger party can be later and you'll have more time to plan. Congrats!

^^^This. It's such a big event in my life that a party is in order. But, only after I focus on delivery. If I take delivery at home I'll have just my closest supporters there at delivery. People who love me, and understand my dream. Even if they don't understand the car. The handful of friends who know how important this is to me and are supportive JUST because they understand it's my dream.