Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Poll... How long from Deposit to actual Arrival of your car?

For those who had shipped..How long did it take you to get car from the day you put down deposit?

• Less than a week

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 2-3 weeks

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 3-4 weeks

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • > 1 month but < 2 months

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • More than 2 months

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a week and I have no ETA at all on when my car will be shipped. :-(

I've read the reviews from some who have taken weeks and some who have taken days... just curious for those who have been through it how long did it really take from placing your deposit on your car to actually taking claim to it in person?

Inventory cars depend on prep and shipping, so good luck to all.. Eagerly awaiting info on A new Model S. I waited 2.5 years for my pre-ordered Model X, so garnering some of that patience -- 3 0r 4 weeks should be cake walk.

I'm so impatient. Deposit put on 4/25 which I realize is less than a week ago. I cancelled a prior order, then reordered after the new extended range announcement. I too am curious how long it will be from order to VIN assignment (so I can finalize insurance) to delivery.

Two weeks for me. First week was quiet after initial paperwork was submittted (lic, ins), and then communications started flowing at the start of week 2 and we were done by the end of week 2.

Other than crappy pictures that gave you the feeling you were making a dumb buy it wasn't bad at all. All was relieved when I took delivery--freaking awesome car!

would never have known that, thank you!
@AIjohn, looks like you were right. My order page just changed its url from profile to product-finalize, and there are no longer any options to change anything, just a picture of the design I ordered. Hoping that this is a good sign of progress. Last time I felt this impatient about anything was when I got my ti 99/4a for my 12th birthday.

@AIjohn, looks like you were right. My order page just changed its url from profile to product-finalize, and there are no longer any options to change anything, just a picture of the design I ordered. Hoping that this is a good sign of progress. Last time I felt this impatient about anything was when I got my ti 99/4a for my 12th birthday.

Lol, your ninth birthday all over again! Correct... You may have gotten an email stating that the production or per-production will start... Your deposit is then non-refundable, to cover the cost of initiating the vehicle start of production. I am not sure what happens when one decides not to take delivery. A lot has change since my Model X was delivered 3 years ago.

@mvc7 California laws allow for a 7 day right of cancellation. Tesla takes no action on VINs or build until mid-night after the 7 day period. So if your new order was 4/25, they will take action on that order on 5/3 at midnight.

Do they reset the timer if you edited your build? Been 9 days since my initial order, but there has been no change in my reservation. Not having a delivery estimate is really harshing my mellow.

Watching this thread like a hawk. Placed a 2nd order 4/30 after the sales center cancelled my one that was almost a week old \i/

S100D Performance + Ludicrous + FSD

6AE783E5-FE5F-4CE5-8981-54BCCC6C56F6.jpeg

Attachments

• CCEAFD00-F4C7-44CD-8D15-E9BE80E88F3B.jpeg
    CCEAFD00-F4C7-44CD-8D15-E9BE80E88F3B.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 54
If you cx'd your original order and re-ordered to take advantage of the pricing and Ludicrous upgrade, I would think the 7 day resets. I think the 7-day cancellation is based on order, so when you get a new RN, it is separate from the prior order that was cancelled. I know the anticipation, I per-ordered my X in 2014 went to the reveal in December 2016 and finally ordered in February of 2017.

I would guess there is a backlog for the new motor/FSD/suspension S and X. I would have ordered a Performance S, but just like my X, could not justify $20,000 for the upgrade. I suspect we are not alone, and a number of owners who were thinking of replacement or adding, this timing is way TOO GOOD. Hang in there.

• Love
Reactions: loremipsum