Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Rescheduled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scheduled to take delivery Friday 6/12/20 but received a txt this morning that my Y is delayed in shipping and won't arrive until 6/18/20 so delivery will be 6/19/20. First thought is that if it will take another week why wouldn't they know that before this morning. I am curious if anyone else has experienced a last minute reschedule of their delivery day? My center is located in Devon, PA

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer
I'm thinking it might be a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.
My MY is coming to Devon too, so I'm watching any reports to see what's rolling in. But I ordered mine end of May, no VIN yet. So it'll probably be a while..
Fwiw, M3 (RIP) delivery a couple years ago went well.

Picking up mine in Devon too, so I'm curious to hear how this plays out and your experience. Ordered in Feb, got my vin and the 2-4 week text early last week. Maybe mine will be on the same truck, but guessing I would have heard more by now. Communication seems to be lacking across the board so I wouldn't worry, but I feel for you. Good luck, keep us posted!

On 6/5/20 I got this txt :
"Your Model Y is on its way to the Devon Delivery Center and ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select your appointment"
I scheduled my appointment for 6/12/20. I got the MVPA with VIN and had to upload proof of insurance and pay balance due., no trade involved.
On 6/11/20 I got a txt that the car will be arriving 6/18/20 and they rescheduled my appointment for 6/19/20. My thoughts are they expected the car to be on a carrier arriving on the 11th but when it wasn't, they rescheduled. I also am waiting on an order I put in on 6/5/20 for a NEMA 14-50 plug adapter and homelink. Customer service never responded for my request on an update. They now show up sitting in a CA Fedx facility for 3 days. I got all prepared for charging by installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet but without the adapter plug I can't charge.

• Informative
Reactions: beezy
Here's an example. Took delivery of MY LR on 6/5
1. Tiny paint chip on rear fender panel
2. B pillar trim on passenger side is not flush with roof trim
3. Drivers door not completely flush with rear door

# 1 I just touched up myself (was tiny)
Appt scheduled for 2/3.

Overall not bad. My mindset with Tesla is they don't build great cars but the technology is great. I am pretty OCD about my car's appearance/maintenance (hand wash, no curb rash,etc). I have a nice sports car and wouldn't tolerate these defects on it when i bought it, but for some reason I just have lower expectations for the Tesla's fit/finish. (have and X and now Y).

...First thought is that if it will take another week why wouldn't they know that before this morning...
Yeah, I wonder about that as well. I got notified of my delivery by text yesterday, so I called my delivery center to find out more about the process there. Along with other info, the rep checked "the GPS" to verify the car was on its way. Not sure if that means they have the GPS location of my Model Y or the delivery truck carrying it. In either case, you'd think they'd be able to track your car's delivery progress much better than they did. Maybe they just weren't paying attention?

I just got a call today that my delivery was delayed, but apparently only by a few hours as it will reach the SC Sunday PM rather than Sunday AM. Fortunately I asked for a pick up mid to late next week to give me time to sell my current car.

I don't think they are handling the scheduling of deliveries well. Although my account says I was scheduled for delivery on the 13th when I knew by e-mailing and calling my delivery center that wasn't correct, this afternoon it was moved to the 20th. No call, no text, no e-mail. I had inconsistent information coming from the Nevada folks versus my local delivery team. The local folks are way more accurate and helpful There is another Houstonian that has a car being delivered soon and we think our cars are on the same transport, so we are keeping each other updated. Seems Tesla has no consistent process for delivery and depending on how your car gets to you can determine when and if you get a date. So far my car has been on rail and is now waiting for a truck to bring it home. My counterpart's delivery date was set for next Tuesday, so I'm hoping I have the car next week. We will see.

Reactions: beezy
MY arrived on location yesterday morning. Local guy could see it but apparently we have to wait our turn to pick it up. We were scheduled for Monday at 10am but got an updated text moving our spot to 2pm. It’s really painful to know it’s “here” and we can’t have it.

MY arrived on location yesterday morning. Local guy could see it but apparently we have to wait our turn to pick it up. We were scheduled for Monday at 10am but got an updated text moving our spot to 2pm. It’s really painful to know it’s “here” and we can’t have it.

Even with no contact deliveries, they want to avoid a surge of questions/problems that could arise if dozens of new owners show up at the same time.

That said, I originally had my appointment location in San Francisco that had 30 minute time slots. When I switched to Fremont, the appointment was for "anytime within 24 hours" after receiving delivery confirmation. So it really varies by location.

Reactions: sksalter11
Even with no contact deliveries, they want to avoid a surge of questions/problems that could arise if dozens of new owners show up at the same time.

That said, I originally had my appointment location in San Francisco that had 30 minute time slots. When I switched to Fremont, the appointment was for "anytime within 24 hours" after receiving delivery confirmation. So it really varies by location.
What were your reasons for switching from San Francisco to Fremont? When I ordered, I opted to pick up in San Francisco.

Devon, PA pick up here as well. We have a VIN in source code, but have received no other communication other than the 2-4 week text on June 1st.

For what it's worth we had an HVAC guy out this week to fix some stuff. He saw our model 3. Turns out he ordered a model 3 as well. We talked for a bit. When he left he texted me that he got his delivery text for June 26th.

I'm hoping a big shipment of cars is coming around that time. Not sure though. Just would love some info!

Another data point for the Devon crew -- I had a vin in source, got the 2-4 week text earlier this month, then got the delivery schedule text on Friday for earliest pickup on the 26th. No details from the local team yet, fingers crossed. I reckon you're right @Whoisbill about the shipment around that date. Hope you get the delivery text shortly!