Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery shennanigans & terrible customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh get off your high horse... FFS... People can buy whatever they want to buy and given the current state of Tesla, I absolutely can't blame them. Wife's car needs to be replaced soon, not getting a second Tesla I can tell you that much. Hell no. We're probably getting a Jeep so we can use it as a toad behind our brand new RV (which gets just under 8 miles to the gallon). I bought a Tesla because the cars are amazing, not burning fossil fuels was just a bonus. I suspect many owners are just like me. I have solar and we conserve/recycle so we do what we can but there are limits.

Jeff
Yup. Bought the model s because after test driving it I was blown away. This was in 2013-14, their customer service at that time was outstanding as well. My first car had quite a few issues, but each time I was able to drop it off next day with a loaner waiting for me.

Now it’s like tesla is a completely different company, difficult to speak to anyone, and when you do you can’t even be sure you got the right info since different techs have different answers.

We extended our lease because of the rumored September refresh, although my wife no longer wants a Tesla, we were still curious to see what tesla comes out with. Once we turn in the model s, the wife wants an M5. She doesn’t like not being able to speak to someone if there’s an issue with the car or have to wait months in case of an accident, which we already went through. A 3 month wait to repair a minor front end collision.

The funny thing is, those of us that are old time tesla owners recognize each other and feel no need to not trust each other. It is so easy to tell a new Tesla owner from a seasoned Tesla owner.

Ampd, I 100% agree. Tesla was a completely different company in 2012. The service would bend over backwards to make you happy. There were no phone wait times. No BS answers. The follow up was incredible. I’d say it matched our expectations when we spent six figures on a car. We were happy.

I knew adding thousands of model 3s in the road would make things worse. I was prepared for it. But I didn’t expect it to be this bad.

I’m reading up more in model 3, I just read that they removed homelink as a standard included feature. lol that is nuts. Even a Nissan Sentra comes with home link.

The funny thing is, those of us that are old time tesla owners recognize each other and feel no need to not trust each other. It is so easy to tell a new Tesla owner from a seasoned Tesla owner.

Ampd, I 100% agree. Tesla was a completely different company in 2012. The service would bend over backwards to make you happy. There were no phone wait times. No BS answers. The follow up was incredible. I’d say it matched our expectations when we spent six figures on a car. We were happy.

I knew adding thousands of model 3s in the road would make things worse. I was prepared for it. But I didn’t expect it to be this bad.

I’m reading up more in model 3, I just read that they removed homelink as a standard included feature. lol that is nuts. Even a Nissan Sentra comes with home link.

Yeah the homelink change is just beyond stupid... I'll never understand why you'd cut out such a basic feature...??? It makes zero sense. Makes me even less interested in a Model 3 and we already decided we're not getting one to begin with.

I've been an owner since 2015 so I wasn't there as an owner at the start but even since thing things have fallen completely off of the proverbial cliff...

Jeff

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and kavyboy
This was in 2013-14, their customer service at that time was outstanding as well. My first car had quite a few issues, but each time I was able to drop it off next day with a loaner waiting for me.

Now it’s like tesla is a completely different company, difficult to speak to anyone, and when you do you can’t even be sure you got the right info since different techs have different answers.

Correction. Now it's IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone. They have "automated" so many things that in the end they have actually automated nothing and all you get is frustration. They sold me a used car under full warranty and then charged me $100 to diagnose problems with it the next week.

I am hopefully about to get a new P100DL but of course there were quite a few snags that my OA says got "resolved". But the main point is that I randomly got a text from Tesla to self-schedule a delivery and was only given 2 dates... 3 days in the future. They didn't even know where the car was physically located.

My point being this "self scheduling" stuff almost never works because most of the time there's some important information specific to your case and you can't tell that to the system. It loses everybody time and frustrates the customer. But they're doing that with everything now.

Tesla was a completely different company in 2012. The service would bend over backwards to make you happy. There were no phone wait times. No BS answers. The follow up was incredible. I’d say it matched our expectations when we spent six figures on a car. We were happy.

You don't even need to go as far back as 2012 or 2013. I got my first Tesla about 2 and a half years ago and the service experience was outstanding back then too. The buying experience was bad but that's another story - the service was always excellent. There were quite a few problems in my first year of owning the car but they were resolved so very quickly and I always had a loaner (I even had a Model X P100DL once). From 2018, timely service appointments became much harder to make, resolved nothing a lot of the time, the warranty magically stopped covering things it used to, and I haven't had a Tesla loaner since December 2017. Had a bunch of Buick Enclaves.

• Love
Reactions: AMPd and neroden