Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email today asking me to submit my final payment, having just ordered a little over a week ago I was pretty surprised that that popped up so soon. I checked my Tesla account page and I still have an RN not a VIN and no delivery date has been proposed yet. Its been a long time since i ordered a Tesla so I was wondering if this is the new normal where they post that as the car goes into production and my account hasn't been updated yet or if they just want my money :)

Any XP with this from anyone else?

I may sound like a sceptic but I have a lot of confidence in Tesla or I would not own two Tesla's. I also appreciate the efficiency in their transactional process.

That compares to 7 years ago when I bought a Toyota RAV4 EV. I must have spent 30 minutes with the finance guy who was trying to sell me extended warranty. He didn't even know that the battery and drive train was warranteed for 8 years. That was my last purchase transaction at a traditional dealership model.

Reactions: Nuts4MS
I got an email today asking me to submit my final payment, having just ordered a little over a week ago I was pretty surprised that that popped up so soon. I checked my Tesla account page and I still have an RN not a VIN and no delivery date has been proposed yet. Its been a long time since i ordered a Tesla so I was wondering if this is the new normal where they post that as the car goes into production and my account hasn't been updated yet or if they just want my money :)

Any XP with this from anyone else?

Just had my new MX delivered earlier this month. The RN number did not convert to VIN on the website until after the delivery process. I had my sales rep send me the VIN for insurance purposes. I think they have VIN that's matched with the RN throughout the process, if they are asking for the final payment.

I may sound like a sceptic but I have a lot of confidence in Tesla or I would not own two Tesla's. I also appreciate the efficiency in their transactional process.

That compares to 7 years ago when I bought a Toyota RAV4 EV. I must have spent 30 minutes with the finance guy who was trying to sell me extended warranty. He didn't even know that the battery and drive train was warranteed for 8 years. That was my last purchase transaction at a traditional dealership model.
Yeah I agree with you, while I don’t mind haggling I hate how there always seemed to be “another add on” when it came time for the paperwork. Even though the price for a Tesla is fixed I will take the lack of haggling for a smoother and stress free buying process any day.

Reactions: Ampster
Just had my new MX delivered earlier this month. The RN number did not convert to VIN on the website until after the delivery process. I had my sales rep send me the VIN for insurance purposes. I think they have VIN that's matched with the RN throughout the process, if they are asking for the final payment.

Yep - you can actually find the VIN in the source code of your reservation webpage at tesla.com.... do a search through the source for "5YJ" - if it's assigned, it comes right up.

Or, if you use Google Chrome, try this extension: Tesla VIN finder