Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that transferring a reservation is not possible except to (maybe) a family member. Many people have tried to do this and failed. How did your SA describe this process?

While there is no real pattern being adhered to here, (generally) people are waiting 90-100 days from OD for MYLR and a few weeks for MYP.

Location matters (1st month of quarter= not many deliveries/export, 2nd month= lots of east coast deliveries, 3rd month= typically skews closer to west coast mid-month as Tesla tries to complete every delivery they can before end of quarter).

Config matters. Most people believe cars are produced in batches based on paint color/interior color and seating config. If there is a shortage in any of these options/paint, there is usually a delay (there has been reports that white interior, MSM paint, 7 seaters, and tow hitch) have been delayed somewhat due to shortages.
Spoke with Tesla Customer Service who indicated that a vehicle was in production that I was matched however delays can occur as new order for MYP can take precedence. Not sure how long production takes but perhaps the delays that were pointed out by PNWLeccy are showing here as well. Trying to stay positive to know at least that a car is likely being built for my order. She was fairly positive that unless someone was unable to take delivery of a similar build that my current 10/25-11/14 delivery window was accurate.
Anyone not want their MYLR, Blue, Black Interior, tow hitch configuration?! 😁