Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to Texas without being fully funded?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

I received some surprising news today. I got a VIN and was also scheduled a delivery pickup for next Mon!! However, I thought the Model 3 Tesla had to be fully funded/paid before it would even be put on the truck to head from California to Texas? (I still have an outstanding balance.) My delivery manager said the car was new but wouldn't go into specifics. Not that I'm complaining, and hopefully all will go smoothly next week, but just wondering if anyone else has come into a similar situation? Maybe I'm getting a vehicle another fellow Texan previously paid for but rejected upon delivery? :-/

Reactions: austinmichaeld
Hi -

I received some surprising news today. I got a VIN and was also scheduled a delivery pickup for next Mon!! However, I thought the Model 3 Tesla had to be fully funded/paid before it would even be put on the truck to head from California to Texas? (I still have an outstanding balance.) My delivery manager said the car was new but wouldn't go into specifics. Not that I'm complaining, and hopefully all will go smoothly next week, but just wondering if anyone else has come into a similar situation? Maybe I'm getting a vehicle another fellow Texan previously paid for but rejected upon delivery? :-/

My car was in Texas too before I secured finances. Picked it up about 2 weeks after ordering. I think it was only a day or two after my credit union cut the check.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
A friend of mine in Austin got his quicker than he expected too.

I wonder if the requirement is just out-of-state. Since Tesla's building in batches they could stage finished cars where they are allowed to sell (would also free up space in California). Looking at the map, Colorado could be a good choice to shorten delivery times for mid-America.

hey all,

I have the same situation.. I was given assigned a VIN and MVPA yesterday. My delivery is scheduled for next week 12/18. My DA has not reached out to me yet but I am working with my CU to get check sent to me. My question is, how likely will this 12/18 date hold up? could it be possible that the car is already in Dallas but DA waiting few days prior to reach out with payment details?

hey all,

I have the same situation.. I was given assigned a VIN and MVPA yesterday. My delivery is scheduled for next week 12/18. My DA has not reached out to me yet but I am working with my CU to get check sent to me. My question is, how likely will this 12/18 date hold up? could it be possible that the car is already in Dallas but DA waiting few days prior to reach out with payment details?
My advisor said fully funded before they can ship it. It takes them 5 days to ship the car from Cali to Texas. I would call Tesla number to get more info. I know with my delivery I had the same problem and have to pay all or else they were going to deliver my car in January. It’s hard to tell if they can track the car or not.