Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations. Unfortunately I have to tell you the FL delivery team is just as inept.
what's the deal? seems to b a universal problem Are we all nuts to tolerate this kind of lack of professionalism? never experienced before. My hubs & I are both shocked!! funny side note...my store in il. seems to have 1,000 workers...all come in once a week we think never seen same peeps there twice

what's the deal? seems to b a universal problem Are we all nuts to tolerate this kind of lack of professionalism? never experienced before. My hubs & I are both shocked!! funny side note...my store in il. seems to have 1,000 workers...all come in once a week we think never seen same peeps there twice

Wait until you get to FLORIDA. My rep would have been fired if he had worked at Hyundai. Rude and insulting as well as ignorant.

Reactions: Petrocelli

I went to a Tesla store here in Los Angeles. The salespeople were very nice. However, they were all millennials and I assume being a car salesman is not a lifelong career choice.

Compare this to my regular Mercedes salesman. He' a Pakistani guy who has been working there since 1997. He lives in nice area, he has 4 kids and owns 6 Mercedes. He is a natural salesman, and being Mercedes salesman at the biggest dealership in Los Angeles is his dream job.

He also knows how to read customers. When I walked in and told him I was going to get a Tesla because I was bored driving a 4 door C series for 22 years, he cut me an exceptional deal just to keep my business.

I think that the Tesla model of not having real car salesmen is not a good idea for either the customer or the company.

I went to a Tesla store here in Los Angeles. The salespeople were very nice. However, they were all millennials and I assume being a car salesman is not a lifelong career choice.

Compare this to my regular Mercedes salesman. He' a Pakistani guy who has been working there since 1997. He lives in nice area, he has 4 kids and owns 6 Mercedes. He is a natural salesman, and being Mercedes salesman at the biggest dealership in Los Angeles is his dream job.

He also knows how to read customers. When I walked in and told him I was going to get a Tesla because I was bored driving a 4 door C series for 22 years, he cut me an exceptional deal just to keep my business.

I think that the Tesla model of not having real car salesmen is not a good idea for either the customer or the company.

I think you have the wrong idea of what Elon Musk whats his empoyees to be. He continually comments that his sales advisors are not car salesmen. His model is that his sales advisors are just that advisors. His employees are there to educated the customer on Tesla and its technology. A car saleman is a negotiator a Tesla SA is not involved in this practice. Your Mercedes dealer apparently is good at his job to sell you a car at a profitable. Personally I hate dealing with the typical sales method used to sell cars. Just my opinion.

That's actually that part I like about buying from Tesla. SA does NOT read people. You don't need to say anything and just focus on the car itself.

That's actually that part I like about buying from Tesla. SA does NOT read people. You don't need to say anything and just focus on the car itself.

I guess there are benefits and drawbacks to having a professional sell you a car.

But there are also drawbacks to having a one price fits all model. We have seen some discontent on this forum when prices go lower, or the $2,000 red color is suddenly free.

In the dealer model, the price of a car may vary based on how well you negotiate, who your are, or how much inventory the dealer has. If you are a good negotiator, this model could favor you.

Very true, and I find that quite a few of them really don't know much more than myself on the product they sell. It really doesn't give you a good feeling doing a $50k to $100k transaction with someone who either isn't all that knowledgeable or even interested in helping you. Granted, it's better than being harassed and hounded with multiple phonecalls, but maybe this is why Elon would rather have people order online...

I think you have the wrong idea of what Elon Musk whats his empoyees to be. He continually comments that his sales advisors are not car salesmen. His model is that his sales advisors are just that advisors. His employees are there to educated the customer on Tesla and its technology. A car saleman is a negotiator a Tesla SA is not involved in this practice. Your Mercedes dealer apparently is good at his job to sell you a car at a profitable. Personally I hate dealing with the typical sales method used to sell cars. Just my opinion.
While I agree somewhat, there are countless stories on here about miscommunication after the sale for delivery, where advisors don't even know the status or where the vehicle actually is after telling them to come down. It's as if they don't really care about your time, as if there are showrooms on every corner. I really wish Tesla acted more like a single company w/like minded rules and policies instead of acting like independent franchises run like a Mom and Pop store.

hmmm.... my hubs ran a Fortune 500 sales org...these are not sales reps definitely NOR are they advisors...i knew more than any of the people i dealt with. I think they are straddling boredom & unemployment with doing whatever they do at tesla is being called. my new car pickup amounted to me inspecting the exterior the car & he asking where the check was..He advised about nothing, looked pretty disheveled and was definitely a millennial. Certainly an unprofessional approach that he was working on!
i'm sure these people get no benefits and their pay is sub prime. Of 10/12 i met there at different stages of my decision making process Only one had a Tesla... each and every one told me they aspire to have one , they couldn't afford one yet....and this was the 2nd largest selling tesla dealership in USA. he might be a tech genius...but one real characteristic a leader has is putting good people in places to make an operation run well....this is clearly not Elon's strength

Last edited:
hmmm.... my hubs ran a Fortune 500 sales org...these are not sales reps definitely NOR are they advisors...i knew more than any of the people i dealt with. I think they are straddling boredom & unemployment with doing whatever they do at tesla is being called. my new car pickup amounted to me inspecting the exterior the car & he asking where the check was..He advised about nothing, looked pretty disheveled and was definitely a millennial. Certainly an unprofessional approach that he was working on!
i'm sure these people get no benefits and their pay is sub prime. Of 10/12 i met there at different stages of my decision making process Only one had a Tesla... each and every one told me they aspire to have one , they couldn't afford one yet....and this was the 2nd largest selling tesla dealership in USA. he might be a tech genius...but one real characteristic a leader has is putting good people in places to make an operation run well....this is clearly not Elon's strength
Hear, hear...

Wow, I rarely, as in never, have encountered an ICE salesman who knows Shinola about the cars they sell. The Tesla folks, on the other hand, were more likely to know the inside skinny. Not all but most I encountered. In any case, as with life, do your own research.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a BMW salesguy tell me about the V8 engine in a V12 car. You'd think he'd at least know what makes the car cost more than every. other. car. you. sell. but nah, that detail escaped him.

Summary: A lot of people are bad at their job, no matter what the job is, no matter what generation they come from, no matter any sort of demographic you choose to benchmark on. As a matter of statistics, 50% of every person you interact with will be worse than the average, so you should be excited when you find someone who's actually *good*, and you should praise them greatly, haha :D

Unfortunately, this is the reality of quite a few Tesla stores/showrooms/service centers. My local team in Tampa is absolutely phenomenal, doesn't matter which location I go to. I've been in Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta and Vegas...Very disappointing experiences to to sum up some long stories.

When you're looking at vehicles that are selling for $50K+, there is a certain "caliber" of employee that you're probably looking for (first world problems, I know). It's not a matter of being an entitled, elitist snob, but expectations are elevated in any type of environment that that people are spending the equivalent of someone's annual salary on a vehicle.