Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver Model 3 Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they ever confirm that they have a plan for that morning, I'll likely try to be there at store open. All I've heard is they're aware of Elon's tweet but have no further information.

I'm going to figure out some way to be there early. I see a huge problem for is in the mountain time zone. There will have been two whole time zones (2 hours of the massively populated East coast and 1 of the central time zone) of deposits taken and queued. At that rate, we won't see the federal discount at all or it will be reduced. Additionally, we won't see our cars for months after everyone. We'd be lucky to get them in 2018 (fully loaded cars are rumored to roll out first to maximize profit)

Sounds like a good idea. I hope all of you who are thinking of going to Park Meadows on the 31st heed this fine advice. I'd also suggest NOT ordering any upgrades. ;-)
What? and miss the party?

I think it is worth pointing out that whether or not one plans to order lots of options has nothing whatever to do with placing a reservation and getting a place in the queue. Actually deciding on what options to order should happen when production is about to start. Lots of time to see how the federal tax credit situation plays out and to see if Tesla says anything more specific about the production order of the cars.

I'm going to figure out some way to be there early. I see a huge problem for is in the mountain time zone. There will have been two whole time zones (2 hours of the massively populated East coast and 1 of the central time zone) of deposits taken and queued. At that rate, we won't see the federal discount at all or it will be reduced. Additionally, we won't see our cars for months after everyone. We'd be lucky to get them in 2018 (fully loaded cars are rumored to roll out first to maximize profit)

You might be right. But it is possible that the reveal will happen at, let's say, 7PM Pacific. It could be that a video link would be shown at each store, 7PM Pacific. Of course that would mean that Mountain would see it at 8, Central at 9, etc. But when ordering started at Los Angeles, it would start everywhere at the same time.

By your reasoning, all of Europe would have several hours head start. The people in CA would be last, maybe getting cars by 2020. Probably not.

Also, as far as I understand, the discount reduction only affects people who make a bunch of money and don't need help.

I stopped by last weekend and was told the mall doors open at 9am and Tesla doors at 10 but with the new information from the invites saying all reservations will start at 10am PST sounds like they won't be taking orders for an hour? I don't see this going well. I will be there sometime around 9:30 probably. I expect there to be a pretty decent sized line.