Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Departure Charging issues with 50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having departure charging issues with 50.7? Since that build has released, departure charging no longer functions. By that I mean, the car does not charge (at all) and pre-conditioning does not occur.

I have departure charging configured for weekdays with a departure time of 7:30am.

After two failures, I disabled departure charging and rebooted the MCU. I re-enabled departure charging last night and plugged in the car. The display indicated departure charging was enabled. But again, this morning, I found that the car hadn't charged and pre-conditioning hadn't occurred.

If I disable departure charging, the car charges immediately when I plug it in.

Knock wood, mine still works. However, I don't use the "weekdays" feature. Perhaps un-check that box and see how it goes.

When you check the phone application after you've plugged in does it indicate that there is a scheduled charge?

I've had departure schedule (set to start8am, plugged at 8pm) charging immediately instead of waiting sometime in the night once.
I tried it yesterday, plugged at 6pm, scheduled to leave at 7:30am. It charged from 3 to 5:30, reaching its target then, way too early. It started preconditioning/heating the car a bit before 7:30. I think there's still some hardcoded "end before 6am" logic in there that I don't need since I have a flat electricity fee.

I've had departure schedule (set to start8am, plugged at 8pm) charging immediately instead of waiting sometime in the night once.
I tried it yesterday, plugged at 6pm, scheduled to leave at 7:30am. It charged from 3 to 5:30, reaching its target then, way too early. It started preconditioning/heating the car a bit before 7:30. I think there's still some hardcoded "end before 6am" logic in there that I don't need since I have a flat electricity fee.

yes, stopping by 6am is currently by design. Some areas have peak electricity times, and Tesla adhered to that model in their design.