Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deposit credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On reviewing the design page after the VIN was issued, I duly noted the different prices for options where applicable, and at the bottom, the total price of the vehicle. Nowhere do I see a mention of the credit for the initial 5K deposit. Is this just me or have others noted this with their orders? If so, what is the explanation? Is the base price quoted (pre-option) post-deposit, or pre-deposit? If there was an explanation given at the time I made the deposit, I sure do not remember it. Can somebody explain or correct my impression? I have submitted the same question to Tesla, but in the meantime, maybe somebody out there knows the answer. Thanks a lot for any and all answers.:confused:

On reviewing the design page after the VIN was issued, I duly noted the different prices for options where applicable, and at the bottom, the total price of the vehicle. Nowhere do I see a mention of the credit for the initial 5K deposit. Is this just me or have others noted this with their orders? If so, what is the explanation? Is the base price quoted (pre-option) post-deposit, or pre-deposit? If there was an explanation given at the time I made the deposit, I sure do not remember it. Can somebody explain or correct my impression? I have submitted the same question to Tesla, but in the meantime, maybe somebody out there knows the answer. Thanks a lot for any and all answers.:confused:

It's quoted without the deposit. Once you get the purchase agreement they will deduct the $5000 from there. It's important to break it down like that, since if you get e.g. 90% financing, the $5000 will count towards the 10% out-of-pocket that you have to come up with.