TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Derrick Crowe for Congress - Running against Lamar Smith

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ggies07, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

#1 ggies07, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Just on the topic of climate change, I think we all need to support and vote for Derrick Crowe so he can kick Lamar Smith out.

Derrick Crowe for Congress

Plus, those of us that keep up with AI and automation(ex. What Elon wants to do to the factories) Derrick is a forward thinker in this category as well:

2. McRat

McRat Active Member

Words are inexpensive. What has he done in his lifetime toward ecology issues?

3. ggies07

True. Simple searched pulled this up:

Climate organizer Derrick Crowe challenges worst climate denier in Congress

Getting Lamar out is the key and I think this guy seems like the right type to do it.

4. McRat

McRat Active Member

#4 McRat, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    HAHAHA!!! He identifies himself as a 'science nerd'. A BA in Political Science? How many semesters of calculus does that require in Texas? His biggest Climate Change Move? Leaving his spot under Pelosi's desk and returning to Texas.

I believe in climate change as a science, not a religion, or political affiliation. We always screw the pooch when we have unqualified people defining science. Electron transfer does not involve diversity.

Focus. Get somebody with some experience in cutting edge green technologies, not somebody who flunked science so went into politics instead.

• Like x 2
  5. ggies07

ok, so you tell me who would be a better choice that is running against Lamar. If this is all we have, it's all we have. Better than nothing....time is not on our side....

6. McRat

McRat Active Member

First, find out what the voters want their representative to do. Then do it. Get good at it. Then run for office. Then win. Without the voters behind you, it does not matter if you have the best intentions if you cannot win the election.

7. ggies07

BOOM. If you respect Bill McKibben, like I do, in the environmental area, then this should be a delight!

8. Beryl

Beryl Member

I value the input from TEXANS on this issue.

9. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Not be Lamar Smith?