Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Opens Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we need to start a "Tesla Buyers Guide" site like MacRumors does. They originally started because Apple used to update the Mac randomly and unannounced. People were getting upset when they bought a mac computer and Apple updated it a couple of weeks later. So they created their Buyers Guides to try and help people time when it was a good idea to buy a Mac computer vs waiting based on industry rumors, etc.

Reactions: loganintx
Here is the issue. I do not against Tesla to improve its hardware in any way. But it's just too close of a refresh cycle for Model X to upgrade to 100D at this moment. If we do create a buyer guide like how Mac rumors does it, how can they warn buyers when new and upgraded time only 2 month? This is way too soon to get a refresh especially for a 100K car. Sure you can argue its 2012 model, sure you can argue its already out since Sep 2015, but how many? Tesla just ramping up its production now and an upgrade at the same time? Bad timing is what I meant. Give early adaptors at least 6 month to 1 year to at least justify the purchase. Hopefully I made myself clear and some people would agree. Peace!

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Maybe we need to start a "Tesla Buyers Guide" site like MacRumors does. They originally started because Apple used to update the Mac randomly and unannounced. People were getting upset when they bought a mac computer and Apple updated it a couple of weeks later. So they created their Buyers Guides to try and help people time when it was a good idea to buy a Mac computer vs waiting based on industry rumors, etc.

Great idea, this can be added to the forum

I don't know how minimized the complain will be, but I am sure one super upset customer! I do not care about price increase, only about the max capability of the Model X money can buy. If they indeed increase to 100D. This makes my model X no longer max capable without even drivin for 200 miles. I will be super super mega mad!
Cool it Boy. Rumors aren't worth blowing an blood vessel over.

Here is the issue. I do not against Tesla to improve its hardware in any way. But it's just too close of a refresh cycle for Model X to upgrade to 100D at this moment. If we do create a buyer guide like how Mac rumors does it, how can they warn buyers when new and upgraded time only 2 month? This is way too soon to get a refresh especially for a 100K car. Sure you can argue its 2012 model, sure you can argue its already out since Sep 2015, but how many? Tesla just ramping up its production now and an upgrade at the same time? Bad timing is what I meant. Give early adaptors at least 6 month to 1 year to at least justify the purchase. Hopefully I made myself clear and some people would agree. Peace!

This is surely a problem with Tesla's frequent upgrades instead of a yearly or semi-annual schedule. For other car makers, the buyer knows a new model is coming months ahead, and the older models are discounted near the end to compensate the buyers. Not Tesla. You pay top dollars and get stuck with a beta car.

At least, you have some chance to return the car under Lemon law and order the latest one again. How many days is your car sitting in the SC now?

• Disagree
Reactions: brianman
This is surely a problem with Tesla's frequent upgrades instead of a yearly or semi-annual schedule. For other car makers, the buyer knows a new model is coming months ahead, and the older models are discounted near the end to compensate the buyers. Not Tesla. You pay top dollars and get stuck with a beta car.

At least, you have some chance to return the car under Lemon law and order the latest one again. How many days is your car sitting in the SC now?

I think it has been 2 weeks and 4 days now. Will see if I can pick up on Tuesday as promised. The reason why it took so long is because the body was damaged due to failed door and unpainted section under the FWD. Those required body shop to take care of it. Took a bit longer than usual.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker

Attachments

• ModelXDesignStudio.png
    ModelXDesignStudio.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Informative
Reactions: beths11 and J1mbo