Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details Model 3 interior walk-through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…but you said you had no more words: Details Model 3 interior walk-through
Not "literally" and I certainly had no words worth publishing after what I read.
I could say some - and to you too - but they wouldn't be nice and they would not help - in RL I would probably want to the same thing Buzz Aldrin did. I hate people that don't give a damn about privacy of others.

The video is available in lots of places, here for example: Tesla Model 3’s touchscreen control panel detailed in new video

Like there are many sites with Hollywood's stars' photos and videos "sourced" without their consent from their phones...

Last edited:
I think some people are blowing smoke. Most others are reasonable concerned about adjusting to a new system of how things work, but adjust they will, quickly, when they start doing it.

Yet the very reply you quoted in this post was T34me stating that he has been unable to learn how to operate a very tactile windscreen wiper control stalk without looking at it after what I have to assume is at least several months of operating his car. Now you expect him to do better using a flat non-tactile touchscreen while driving on a bumpy road? Gimme a break.

It does. It's been years since I've had my e46 coupe, but I believe it's a manual lever around the shoulder area. It's just the lever you pull to recline the seat forward really fast so people can get in and out of the rear. The rear passenger can pull it too, if they need to get out. It's not located way down in the front (like the manual seat controls) or sides (where the power seat controls are located) so that it would be very difficult for the rear passenger to reach.

Oh I know that lever. I use this almost every day to let our kids get in the back. But that lever doesn't make the front seat fold flat, as another poster suggested. It just raises the front seat, moves it a little forward and tilts the back of the front seat to a certain degree forward.

It is obvious the model 3 is not for you. You have posted numerous objections. Maybe Tesla will build a futuristic car in the future, more to your liking. Time to move on.

I hate this argument "the ... is not for you".

Why can't one have valid critizisms and still like the car on the whole? Hell, my own car has quite a few faults when compared to my previous one, I still prefer it over the old one. I am sure it will be similar with the Model 3.
There is stuff I would prefer my BMW to have that my former VW had.
There will be stuff I would prefer the Model 3 to have that my BMW (as well as my former VW) had.

You make choices and learn to live with them. Imho you can both love the Model 3 yet still be critical about some of it's features/design choices etc.
There is no such thing as the perfect car, and I would wager to claim there never will be. There are some that come close though.

Last edited:
Yet the very reply you quoted in this post was T34me stating that he has been unable to learn how to operate a very tactile windscreen wiper control stalk without looking at it after what I have to assume is at least several months of operating his car. Now you expect him to do better using a flat non-tactile touchscreen while driving on a bumpy road? Gimme a break.

What T34me wrote, and I quoted, was "My current late model car does not have rain sensing, and I have to look at the twist stock every time I adjust the wipers. Amazingly I have lived to tell about this experience. The Tesla screen will be much easier to adjust then a twist stock."
Clearly sarcastic about the control stalk and clearly inclined towards the touchscreen.

Yes, I'll give you a break - it's obvious that you need it.

Thanks for the information. That is good to hear.
However, I have to confess I don't know what "XM" is supposed to be. And hasn't "AM" been out of general use for decades?
Being in Germany, you may not be familiar.

XM is satellite radio. Same stations everywhere you go, within the footprint of the satellite. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, Siruis/XM radio only has satellites pointed at the Continental US.

Last edited:
I hate this argument "the ... is not for you".

Why can't one have valid critizisms and still like the car on the whole? Hell, my own car has quite a few faults when compared to my previous one, I still prefer it over the old one. I am sure it will be similar with the Model 3.
There is stuff I would prefer my BMW to have that my former VW had.
There will be stuff I would prefer the Model 3 to have that my BMW (as well as my former VW) had.

You make choices and learn to live with them. Imho you can both love the Model 3 yet still be critical about some of it's features/design choices etc.
There is no such thing as the perfect car, and I would wager to claim there never will be. There are some that come close though.
It's hard to have a discussion about any criticisms, valid or otherwise, because (at least here in the States) we've kind of forgotten how to disagree on the merits without trying to turn those who think otherwise into morons or Neanderthals.
Robin

I think one of the issues here is that a number of Tesla enthusiasts really want the EV revolution to succeed for a variety of reasons (ie energy independence, national security, climate change, etc). And they see any negativity towards the Model 3 as a threat to that infrastructure change. On the other side are (I think the majority of) people who just see a really cool car that's fun to drive. The latter group see no problems criticizing parts of the car because they see it as just that - a car.

Both sides are correct and justified in their opinions. But I think some of the angst and melodrama over criticisms is based upon the fear that any negativity uncovered here will be amplified by the Merchants of Doubt, which as we've seen from the history of tobacco and climate change, can dramatically affect public acceptance of (potentially beneficial) change. Make no mistake, very powerful forces are and will spend lots of money and influence trying to make Tesla fail. When huge amounts of money are involved with power shifts among corporations, FUD abounds. I think this threat is the #1 reason that Tesla is so secretive about the Model 3. A hit piece on the unfinished (and it clearly is unfinished) UI in the Model 3 will hurt the goal of mass adoption of EVs. /rant off

It's hard to have a discussion about any criticisms, valid or otherwise, because (at least here in the States) we've kind of forgotten how to disagree on the merits without trying to turn those who think otherwise into morons or Neanderthals.
Robin

Thanks for the information. That is good to hear.
... And hasn't "AM" been out of general use for decades?
No, AM is still alive in the US. It's where many voters get their Talk Radio (as I call it, "AM Hate Radio"), but also is the primary outlet for sports broadcasts, and in some parts of the country, road and venue information (via low-power stations that are NEVER carried on streaming radio).

• Disagree
Reactions: Ken7
Re: everybody who gave me feedback on XM and AM radio: thanks for the heads up.
About XM, that explains why I didn't know it.
About AM, over here that has been out of general use due to its rather poor quality for many many years. I am not sure current models of cars over here even support AM radio or if there are actual stations broadcasting in AM. Perhaps that's another thing that is more or less only popular/available in the US, just like XM.

I think one of the issues here is that a number of Tesla enthusiasts really want the EV revolution to succeed for a variety of reasons (ie energy independence, national security, climate change, etc). And they see any negativity towards the Model 3 as a threat to that infrastructure change.

I am a Tesla enthusiast and want both the company and the Model 3 to succeed. But I see no reason not to critizise things I see as faults or stuff that could be better still. Exactly because I want it to succeed.

I am a Tesla enthusiast and want both the company and the Model 3 to succeed. But I see no reason not to critizise things I see as faults or stuff that could be better still. Exactly because I want it to succeed.

I am in total agreement with you BUT there are many that do NOT want Tesla and the Model 3 to succeed and will jump on and sensationalize every possible piece of negative information. I think Tesla is smart to minimize any public assessment or review of the Model 3 with the UI at such an early development stage.
You mean maybe they will build a car that is simply has an electric drivetrain with normal non-gimmicky impractical bulls**t controls? I can only hope. I will wait till I see an actual production vehicle in February, then decide whether to cancel my reservation for the model 3.

Actually may be best for you to wait until you "see an actual production vehicle in February" before you bad mouth Tesla for issues that are likely to be fixed by then.

Reactions: anonim1979
Actually may be best for you to wait until you "see an actual production vehicle in February" before you bad mouth Tesla for issues that are likely to be fixed by then.

You think they are likely to fit an extra/different stalk or a HUD or instrument binacle by february ? Because thats the only way I see changing a fundmental design choice they have made to move all controls and visual feedback to a touchscreen in the centre of the car.

And it wasn't me that started calling these unfinished cars production cars, that is on Tesla.