Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details Model 3 interior walk-through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, rehosted video got the axe too. This is nuts.
Maybe someone should film you in your work without your consent, without yours employer permission. And against his policy of "no filming".
Or even better in your home through the windows, behind your back.

Maybe, maybe then you would understand what is a problem.

It is nuts how dense you are.

Last edited:
I can totally understand Tesla not wanting details released of anything that they may change prior to the vehicles getting to the general public. However; why then have a "public" reveal event in July? Why not just quietly get the vehicles to employees to provide feedback until they're ready for production and delivery into the hands of reservation holders?

Do we know that it is Tesla taking it down, or is it being taken down because of the copyrighted music.

Whoever took the video should mute out the section with the music and re-post it. (Assuming they had permission to film the people in it.)

I can totally understand Tesla not wanting details released of anything that they may change prior to the vehicles getting to the general public. However; why then have a "public" reveal event in July? Why not just quietly get the vehicles to employees to provide feedback until they're ready for production and delivery into the hands of reservation holders?
Because they won't be holding another event? That event marked the start of production.

Do we know that it is Tesla taking it down, or is it being taken down because of the copyrighted music.

Whoever took the video should mute out the section with the music and re-post it. (Assuming they had permission to film the people in it.)

When a video is taken down due to copyright issues, it'll say so in the error message (removed due to copyright, etc...).
The first 2 vids said they were deleted by the user.

BS
Let me call it frankly: FUD and BS
. There are HUNDREDS of Tesla delivery videos (Model S & Model X) on YouTube and there has been no rush to remove them.

The removed Model 3 video to-date, was one of the few videos online anywhere that provided clear detail about the Model 3 HVAC system, the premium audio, the center screen, the inside door opening process - actuator (all doors), current alignment of door and panels (QA), and current production VIN.

Self Inflicted Damage
Tesla could solve
this very easily by publishing a Model 3 feature and functionality video for those who reserved the Model 3 over a year ago. Tesla (Elon) teased the public with the release event and gave Motor Trend access to the Model 3. Musk uses the media to serve his purposes, holds reservations of customers for over 15 months, and does not appreciate that people want to understand more about what they will be purchasing and how it works.

Marketing for the Investors Not the Customers
I feel the release event was done PRIMARILY to signal to the market that Musk could meet his projected delivery dates for the Model 3 and prepare the market for future stock offerings.

Musk emphasized the released vehicles were production vehicles but it is clear these examples should not be subject to public scrutiny. This would be the equivalent of the IPhone 8 being delivered to customers but an embargo placed on any social media posting or testing (bend test, scratch test, etc.) until Apple QA dictates.

Model Y, Tesla Trucks, Boring Company, and Space X
Tesla (Elon Musk) has been making public statements about a host of future concepts and initiatives by his own choice. As CEO,. he has chosen to prioritize activity within his company. If he wants to quell interest in the Model 3, he can start by stop taking reservations and focus on communicating basic information better to existing customers. Using employees and their families as Beta testers and expecting them to maintain 'radio silence' may have been a bit naïve upon reflection.

Sorry to be snarky everyone but the negativity is just unbelievable. To expect a fully polished, completed Model 3 in such a short period of time is UNHEARD OF.

If there is any negativity, maybe.... just maybe it rests at the feet of Elon Musk. I don't expect a fully polished and error free Model 3 at this time. Tesla is trying to skip Beta testing and move directly to production and he should be applauded for challenging traditional production methods.

We live in a social media world where people publish everything that touches their lives (the good and the bad). Maybe Tesla beta testing should be conducted differently in future.
I'm always grateful to read opinions by people who are even smarter than Elon Musk.

For your own happiness, I would advise you no longer participate in tesla forums.

I'm always grateful to read opinions by people who are even smarter than Elon Musk.

For your own happiness, I would advise you no longer participate in tesla forums.
As an owner of a Tesla vehicle and a stockholder, I am entitled to my express my opinion as a consumer.

Elon Musk is not an expert or trained in all things... Even he would acknowledge that.

I would advise you should no longer participate in Tesla forums. Simpleminded comments to strangers you do not know add zero value to the forums.

I could understand why Tesla had the second video removed. The salesperson that was showing the features of the car had no idea of how things worked, kept saying this might change, i'm not sure and even admitted he didn't know the full capability. I wouldn't want that guy to be the first impression everyone got of the capabilities of the car because you end up with "OMG... no AM radio... OMG... no wiper stalk"

I could understand why Tesla had the second video removed. The salesperson that was showing the features of the car had no idea of how things worked, kept saying this might change, i'm not sure and even admitted he didn't know the full capability. I wouldn't want that guy to be the first impression everyone got of the capabilities of the car because you end up with "OMG... no AM radio... OMG... no wiper stalk"

To be fair the 3 DOES have a wiper stalk. You just can't actually turn the wipers "ON" with it. And the sound system *seemed* to sound pretty good, though a video recorded by a phone is not the best way to convey sound quality.

The fact even store employees haven't seen the owners' manual yet is pretty eye-opening.

It's similar to how wipers functioned in an early 70's era land yacht. You had slow and fast, that's it. All we need now is the floor button to turn on the high beams!

Please YES.. my '68 mustang has floor high beam switch *and* a foot pedal for pumping the wipers and for the washer fluid. I seriously miss those two features in every single other car I've driven.

But does it break down with $3,000 repairs just out of warranty, like German cars seem to be designed to do? ;)

You forgot to add "US versions of" German cars. Honestly, how do all of you manage to break down with expensive repairs just out of warranty? Never happened to me or anyone I know. Then again, we don't have the kind of "warranty" you get in the first place. But cars over here in general (German or otherwise) seem to be much more reliable than cars in the US. I wonder why that is so.

About the Model 3's features, is it certain that it won't have FM radio?
If so, it would come close to a dealbreaker to me. How else do you get to listen to the radio. How do you get the TP traffic warnings?

Based on common sense. Having to take your eyes off the road to adjust your wipers is just plain stupid.

My current late model car does not have rain sensing, and I have to look at the twist stock every time I adjust the wipers. Amazingly I have lived to tell about this experience. The Tesla screen will be much easier to adjust then a twist stock.

This concern about various elements on the UI shows that people are reluctant and resist acceptance of anything that is different and new. It might be best to try using the UI first before jumping to a conclusion. I have no doubt that I will love how the UI works on the model 3 because it is a step into the future of FSD.

Last edited: