Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just cannot believe threads like this. Hope you folks never get into IT or you will be nonstop sad about paying more for things that will always be cheaper in the future. AWD, white interior, FSD owner here too.

Also consider when in-demand cars hit the market dealers will often sell them at sticker or higher then months later let them go for less.
Not sure if this has been posted but it even happens with electric cars...
Hyundai Dealers Reportedly Price Gouging On Kona Electric
When was the last time you preordered/prepaid for a product where the price dropped before it was delivered AND the vendor did not update your purchase price? FSD has not been delivered yet. We are not talking about delivered features when it comes to FSD. Let’s not forget about Tesla’s statements suggesting people buy FSD with the car to lock in lower prices.

Well it appears that FSD is a total cluster-fcuk! I never bought into the idea of purchasing a non-existent car feature, but those who did seemed happy enough at the time to sponsor the development. It did cross my mind that nobody would ever buy FSD at a significantly increased price after delivery, but I do sympathise for all those who got ripped off buying a totally non-functional product! I'll stick to only buying features I can try out beforehand. A small refundable deposit might have been a better way to pre-sell FSD, which is how most other new products are released. Paying for the entire product literally years before release is a new concept on me!

When was the last time you preordered/prepaid for a product where the price dropped before it was delivered AND the vendor did not update your purchase price? FSD has not been delivered yet. We are not talking about delivered features when it comes to FSD. Let’s not forget about Tesla’s statements suggesting people buy FSD with the car to lock in lower prices.
An email from my Tesla Delivery Advisor states, “If you do not add Full Self Driving now, it will cost you more to add later.”

Owners don't like the instant depreciation hit they get when Tesla lowers their prices. Owners will now recommend against buying Tesla because the company is not considerate to people who have already paid for their products. Simple as that. Not complicated.

But they would be presumably happy to pay less for their next car right? Timing is everything with purchases. Going out and buying a fully loaded car on initial release is never going to be the best deal, but in return you get to drive it before everyone else!

I see it happening. I'm posting less...reading posts less...letting podcast slide. I don't rant much but need to get this out there.

Here's why:

I bought the Model 3 performance version with every available option including full self driving in September. I sold my beloved Model S at an incredible loss to do this. 2 years prior to this, I also took off a day of work, waited in line 2 years and gave Tesla an interest free deposit for the privilege

The incentive was "free supercharging" as well as the tax credit.

Then the 5K debacle . 5K or give up the full self driving. I inquired about it and received an email from Tesla that I could get 5K back AND still keep the full self driving incentive. I thanked them and told them where to send the check. Nothing ever arrived. I emailed them 2 months later and they told me the initial email (i'll be happy to copy and paste it) was a mistake and now it was one or the other. In my business I back up my word. Even if the initial Tesla rep made a mistake, they should have followed through with it. Getting a customers hopes all up and then dashing them is wrong. I kept the free supercharging...dumb financially but I had it with my S (only 2k or so then) and had gotten use to it.

Next...Early access program. Sworn to secrecy or they take it back, well I am not revealing software update secrets...just that it is not what I thought it would be. I guess if they want to take it back. then take it back. I got nav on autopilot a couple of weeks early. When track mode came out, I was one of the last to receive it. Dog/Sentry mode...still have not received it. I see no benefit. I sent an e-mail to Tesla as nothing whatsoever has happened since the nav on autopilot download asking them if I something more should be happening and to verify if I was actually on the EAP list or had been dropped by mistake...after all mistakes happen as evidenced by the false 5K refund offer while keeping the free charging....crickets...not even a response.

Now...FSD debacle. I paid 5K plus 3K. Now it is 3K plus 2K...bam another 3K wasted...now we are up to 8K but there have been other reductions 3.5 K more....now up to 11.5 K...but Elon Tweated that those who overpaid for FSD could be in the early access program as consolation. As mentioned many of us are already in the program, so giving it to us again is not a consolation and all I can say it it's not what I thought it would be. Nav on autopilot 2 weeks early many months ago but that's it...not given a single early update since and I am Irked that I cant even get a response from Tesla.

So paid 11.5 K more...been lied to in an official email since they did not back up their offer of keeping Free SC and 5K which would have been fair...not just to me since they offered this...but to everybody who overpaid, and bought early secondary to free SC incentive. Furthermore Elon's offer of early access to those who plunked down thousands up front for full self driving does not take into account the 2000 or so of us who are already in the program that seems to be of little value anyways. If you think that you will receive updates early, you will be very disappointed. In fact if you even believe emails about it will be answered, you will be disappointed.

Not to mention that fictitious spoiler and badging that I paid for up front (back in the day it wasn't included for free) and have pretty much given up on.

you say in business you back up your word, and you should. You chose to sign up for all those packages knowing that it could go up or down and you took the risk to buying in early for FSD. Thats the business agreement. Tesla is not a charity and doesn't owe you anything. you say in business you back up your word so back it up and stop complaining and whining. You want to get free supercharging for life and 5K back, why do you think you are entitled to that? Tesla is not a charity.

Do you want Tesla to go bankrupt and then the value of your car will go zero. You bought a car a year ago, off course its price gonna go down. Have some gratitude for all the free software updates they constantly push to your car. Tesla is extremely generous and people become entitled instead of showing gratitude.

I bought M3+EAP and was on edge whether I should buy FSD then or at a later time, taking a risk of paying more or less when its actually out. I took the risk cause I needed the money. Seriously, every other car company charges you a couple thousands for features like power seating, navigation, drive assist... yet people think Tesla should give them for free

dude you dont have to buy it, its a choice. If you wanna wait for later, do so. No one is forcing you. But you are also helping and supporting a great company in the process.

The topic is FSD - not the car or tax credits.

I'm talking strictly about depreciating FSD or not.

You really don't get it. They are related. Tesla lowered the price of FSD and AP to make up for the fact that new owners will get $2250 discounts. That's why new buyers won't get the special $5000 price. That's why Tesla was giving away AP or FSD upgrades for free to 2019 owners. It all goes back to the $2250 discount.

Reactions: EinSV
I purchased FSD so ask me if you want.

• Funny
Reactions: VT_EE