Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone order their P85D with the premium interior package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the information. Reading through the detailed specs it does not mention the yacht floor, it mentions:
Open center console storage area

So is that finished based on your Decor selection?

It would be nice to list what is really included in:
Fit and finish refinements, including the use of higher quality materials

It seems that Tesla has four very different customer segments:

1) Green types who came from Prius or some older fuel efficient ICE (read: not a luxury car). This group likely focuses heavily on the WH/Mile number, and doesn't really use the high speed, or quick acceleration features very often (or at all). This group will likely not experience any benefit for P85D > P85 and perhaps P85 > S85. This group will likely not experience any benefit from Premium interior.This group probably will care about WH/Mile heavily.

2) Engineer types who came from (whatever -- wide variety), This group will have varying opinions of quickness, speed, and fit/finish depending on their previous experience. This group may or may not care about WH/Mile other than for roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

3) Luxury / Sportscar customers who primarily came from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi. These customers will notice P85D > P85. Most of these customers will notice full leather. This group probably won't care about WH/Mile other than on roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

4) Technology enthusiasts - I can't really explain this viewpoint as I fit into this myself, but I also fit into 2 and 3, which I think drives my viewpoint much more, and makes it difficult to distill this group.

For threads such as this, explaining your background along with your opinion will probably display a lot of this.

I will agree though, that $4000 is a huge price for a little bit of leather and some LED lights, but I suspect that they probably also select the "better" leather for premium interior customers which also probably goes somewhat into this price. I would call this type of pricing "Porsche pricing" (as they are well known for having large numbers of very expensive options that seem like they should be standard).
i know this post was made a few months ago, but you've hit the nail on the head my friend. this is exactly how i see it.

Interior quality vs recent Porsches?

It seems that Tesla has four very different customer segments:

1) Green types who came from Prius or some older fuel efficient ICE (read: not a luxury car). This group likely focuses heavily on the WH/Mile number, and doesn't really use the high speed, or quick acceleration features very often (or at all). This group will likely not experience any benefit for P85D > P85 and perhaps P85 > S85. This group will likely not experience any benefit from Premium interior.This group probably will care about WH/Mile heavily.

2) Engineer types who came from (whatever -- wide variety), This group will have varying opinions of quickness, speed, and fit/finish depending on their previous experience. This group may or may not care about WH/Mile other than for roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

3) Luxury / Sportscar customers who primarily came from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi. These customers will notice P85D > P85. Most of these customers will notice full leather. This group probably won't care about WH/Mile other than on roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

4) Technology enthusiasts - I can't really explain this viewpoint as I fit into this myself, but I also fit into 2 and 3, which I think drives my viewpoint much more, and makes it difficult to distill this group.

For threads such as this, explaining your background along with your opinion will probably display a lot of this.

I will agree though, that $4000 is a huge price for a little bit of leather and some LED lights, but I suspect that they probably also select the "better" leather for premium interior customers which also probably goes somewhat into this price. I would call this type of pricing "Porsche pricing" (as they are well known for having large numbers of very expensive options that seem like they should be standard).

so, I'm a #3, Porsche person and was wondering if there are current/recent Porsche owners who can share how the premium package (or similar packages labeled differently previously) compares to standard Porsche finishes over time? I've read mixed feedback on here (creases in the bolster of the next gen seats for instance) and so could use more data points before pulling the trigger.

Thanks

f