Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Autosteer limits change in the last patch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was headed on a fairly long trip to visit friends for the 4th of July and left the car on AP and Navigate on AP as much as possible. Now maybe I'm just having a "senior moment" here but I could have sworn that on most side roads I could have left AP to go more than +5mph over before

But starting with that trip, it seems Tesla was limited AP to +5 over unless I was on the highway. Is that new?

Also, I don't often have folks in the car with me but this time I did, so I made use of the carpool lane. The AP constantly wanted me to get out of the carpool lane in order to follow the route. I just ignored it but it was annoying to have a red line there for a good chunk of the drive. Any way to get around this? I usually have it set to avoid carpool lanes since I drive solo, but I turned that off mid drive and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I was headed on a fairly long trip to visit friends for the 4th of July and left the car on AP and Navigate on AP as much as possible. Now maybe I'm just having a "senior moment" here but I could have sworn that on most side roads I could have left AP to go more than +5mph over before

But starting with that trip, it seems Tesla was limited AP to +5 over unless I was on the highway. Is that new?

Also, I don't often have folks in the car with me but this time I did, so I made use of the carpool lane. The AP constantly wanted me to get out of the carpool lane in order to follow the route. I just ignored it but it was annoying to have a red line there for a good chunk of the drive. Any way to get around this? I usually have it set to avoid carpool lanes since I drive solo, but I turned that off mid drive and it didn't seem to make a difference.

It's possible the map classifications changed for those roads. Map updates can occur independent of firmware updates.

• Informative
Reactions: Big-T
It still lets you go more than 5 over speed limit just depends on the road. I drive a road daily that starts out 2 lane undivided 60mph and allows me to increase while in AP 5+ or more until I get into a small town where it progressively slows to 50, 40 then 30 and at each of those changes the car limits AP to +5 the posted speed. once I get to the other side of town and the road turns into 4 lane divided the speeds ramp back up 35,45,50 and 60 AP remains limited until I get to the 60 zone and the I can ramp speed 5+ or more at that point again.