TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did Deep Blue Metallic get a little brighter???

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by BenR, Jun 28, 2018.

1. BenR

BenR Member

I just configured and ordered my beautiful blue Model 3 this evening, and I couldn't help but remark to my wife how the image I saw in the configurator of the blue car looked particularly stunning. I've spent more minutes than I'd like to admit ogling images of blue Model 3s and I couldn't recall any of them looking as good.

So I went back and pulled an image from the old configurator (2017 version) and I definitely see a difference in shade. It's pretty subtle, but without a doubt it's there. Anybody have any idea if this is real and they are now using or about to use a brighter shade of blue, or did somebody at Tesla just tweak the image to look better???

As much as I love the color as I've seen it up to this point, if my car actually looks like this new image in ANY kind of lighting, I will be ecstatic. Totally next-level. :cool:

Top - 2017 configurator. Bottom - from my configuration tonight.

Model 3 (1).png
    Model 3 (2).png

• Informative x 2
  2. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

The blue can look very different depending upon the lighting. Two photos of mine:

14AF8DEF-BE4D-4DD7-B8D9-33715E4234FA.jpeg E3E0FD26-9D90-459A-80A8-6B5A2F0165FA.jpeg

• Like x 5
  3. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

That is the exact same image with different brightness settings. The updated picture settings show off some of the details a little better. Like SpiceWare said, the blue can look about 5 different colors in person. I personally see almost a purple color at times depending on the light.

• Informative x 1
  4. peebrayne

peebrayne Member

I am extremely happy with my blue color choice. I admire the brighter blue when the sun hits it and the darker blue when its cloudy. To me it does not look purple. I have a 2011 Hyundai Tucson in blue also and that looks purple during cloudy days.

5. BenR

BenR Member

What does everyone have against purple? I like the blue a lot, much better than the other available choices anyway - but I would absolutely order a Model 3 in GRRM-purple if it were an option. :cool:

[​IMG]

• Like x 1