Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Deep Blue Metallic get a little brighter???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just configured and ordered my beautiful blue Model 3 this evening, and I couldn't help but remark to my wife how the image I saw in the configurator of the blue car looked particularly stunning. I've spent more minutes than I'd like to admit ogling images of blue Model 3s and I couldn't recall any of them looking as good.

So I went back and pulled an image from the old configurator (2017 version) and I definitely see a difference in shade. It's pretty subtle, but without a doubt it's there. Anybody have any idea if this is real and they are now using or about to use a brighter shade of blue, or did somebody at Tesla just tweak the image to look better???

As much as I love the color as I've seen it up to this point, if my car actually looks like this new image in ANY kind of lighting, I will be ecstatic. Totally next-level. :cool:

Top - 2017 configurator. Bottom - from my configuration tonight.

Model 3 (1).png

Model 3 (2).png

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and tracksyde
That is the exact same image with different brightness settings. The updated picture settings show off some of the details a little better. Like SpiceWare said, the blue can look about 5 different colors in person. I personally see almost a purple color at times depending on the light.

• Informative
Reactions: BenR
I am extremely happy with my blue color choice. I admire the brighter blue when the sun hits it and the darker blue when its cloudy. To me it does not look purple. I have a 2011 Hyundai Tucson in blue also and that looks purple during cloudy days.