Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did it upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got in my car yesterday, it indicated that it was ready to upgrade the software. I needed to leave so I chose the option for it to upgrade at 11 pm that evening. However, I can’t find a method to confirm that it did successfully upgrade at that time. And if it didn’t, how do I get it to upgrade now?

Robb

You can never "get it to upgrade now". You can only approve/deny the option whenever it appears.

Updates that bring feature changes will generally have a release notes page that pops up the next time you are in the car. But updates that only fix/tweak stuff behind the scenes will leave no trace of their arrival.

You can never "get it to upgrade now".
If you've scheduled a pending update for a later time, you can go into the software settings, where there will be an update icon. (I think it's a clock symbol.) If you select this, you can change the scheduled time or start the update immediately. If the icon isn't present, then the most recent update available for your car has been installed.

But updates that only fix/tweak stuff behind the scenes will leave no trace of their arrival.
In my experience, there are always software notes for the most recent update. However, if there were only bug fixes or minor changes the notes might end up to be exactly the same as what had been given for the previous release.

The recent minor updates did not pop the readme for me.

Same. The last 3 or 4 updates have not triggered the changelog popup the first time I get in the car after the update. I always just open the app and scroll to the bottom to see what version it is running to confirm it took. I always read the release notes on TeslaFi but you can also bring them up in the car.

Mike

Reactions: MLXXXp