Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Model 3 colors Red and White increase from $1,000 to $1,500?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was surprised the Red Multi-Coat and Pearl White Multi-Coat weren't more expensive than the other options to start with. They were on other models and they're the same paint. The only fodder for the short cannons are going to be the shorts themselves soon enough.

Reactions: WarpedOne
I configured my white on 5/25, and my confirmation email only says "Pearl White", which I'm paying $1000 for. Is this different from the "Pearl White Multicoat" that the option is called now? In other words is the $500 increase due to an additional coat of white to make it multicoat?

I configured my white on 5/25, and my confirmation email only says "Pearl White", which I'm paying $1000 for. Is this different from the "Pearl White Multicoat" that the option is called now? In other words is the $500 increase due to an additional coat of white to make it multicoat?

It has always been "Pearl White Multicoat" -- whoever programmed that form to list your options was too lazy to type out "Multicoat". The MX and MS always had the Multicoat paints (Red and White are 3 layers I think) cost more than the Metallic paints (Blue, MSM, Obsidian, Gray are 2 layers I think). When the M3 was ready to configure for owners initially, I was surprised that Red and White were the same $1000 option as the metallic paints. So owners got a good deal in the lower cost Multicoat paints and Alcantara head liners, but didn't (depending on your POV) in the 1st gen front and back seats.

That's almost free, here in Canada red is $3300

3300red.png