Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla Fix Your Y after Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MY July 15th and have 410 miles on it. No problems with fit or finish or operationally. The autosteer can be a bit sketchy.

I dropped it off for PPF and some tinting today. The shop has done about 30 M3 and three MY before me. He says my fit and finish is better than he's seen on the other cars.

My one disappointment was the moment I got the car home I scheduled an appointment to have the Homelink auto garage system installed. Their first appointment was about a month out. I'm going to be on a long road trip and will wait until I get back.
Should be sooner as the ranger Moblie service will come to your house, you might get a call on this, when I did mine I selected other in the service ticket and I got a mobile service to come over with in days.

Fred

Reactions: ra88it
got delivery end of March and these were all serviced at the SC or through mobile:
  • replaced misaligned charge port door
  • realigned rear hatch
  • realigned passenger headlight area where front bumper due to misalignment
  • realigned frunk
  • realigned rear passenger bumper due to misalignment
  • replaced 1 uberturbine wheel due to delivery curb rash
  • replaced broken passenger seat bottom bracket that was cracked upon delivery
  • replaced some rear dome lights that were misaligned
  • replaced rear carpet panel behind 2nd row driver side seat due to bad fitment
  • installed retrofit acoustic cover for A/C

Picked up car on 06/29. Tesla mobile service came on 07/10 and replaced a scratched door handle, installed HomeLink and fixed the wiper fluid connector (it was disconnected from the main wiper connector tube from the factory). I have a SC appointment on the 31st to replace passenger side door trims + fix taillight and trunk alignment (long lead due to ordering of parts).

My car is in for the 2nd service center visit today. Got delivery June 25. First service appointment on July 7. They fixed the back seat alignment, fender alignment, and a scratched plastic piece. The Costa Mesa service center doesn't do paint, so they told me to schedule another appointment in Santa Ana to get body work taken care of. Dropped the car off in Santa Ana today and they gave me an estimate of 2-3 days to fix dust spots in the paint (all along the inner door trim) and repair a few other minor things. They did not push back on any of the items I mentioned - except some snarky comments like, "wow, I'm surprised you even noticed that!"

My car is in for the 2nd service center visit today. Got delivery June 25. First service appointment on July 7. They fixed the back seat alignment, fender alignment, and a scratched plastic piece. The Costa Mesa service center doesn't do paint, so they told me to schedule another appointment in Santa Ana to get body work taken care of. Dropped the car off in Santa Ana today and they gave me an estimate of 2-3 days to fix dust spots in the paint (all along the inner door trim) and repair a few other minor things. They did not push back on any of the items I mentioned - except some snarky comments like, "wow, I'm surprised you even noticed that!"

The Costa Mesa and Santa Ana guys are staffed by really great people. We've come to know them well over the past year or so. I know Tesla SC's catch a lot of flak and at times it's definitely warranted. However, in our experience, these two SC's really do try to help the customer. Even when they deal with us, they constantly impress on us the importance of keeping the customer satisfied and doing right by them. You should be in good hands. :cool:

The Costa Mesa and Santa Ana guys are staffed by really great people. We've come to know them well over the past year or so. I know Tesla SC's catch a lot of flak and at times it's definitely warranted. However, in our experience, these two SC's really do try to help the customer. Even when they deal with us, they constantly impress on us the importance of keeping the customer satisfied and doing right by them. You should be in good hands. :cool:

Hopefully! Fingers crossed that they fix everything.

To be honest, if Santa Ana can't handle the paint work, your car will have a 99% chance of winding up at our Orange location. :p

Sounds good! They should be able to fix it. The inner door trim has a bunch of dust spots on the surface - but that can be sanded down and polished pretty easy. There is a small dent on the hood, they might be able to pop it out. Only tough one is there are some weird spots under the clear coat on the fender piece. Not sure if they'll just replace that or try to sand through the clear.

Sounds good! They should be able to fix it. The inner door trim has a bunch of dust spots on the surface - but that can be sanded down and polished pretty easy. There is a small dent on the hood, they might be able to pop it out. Only tough one is there are some weird spots under the clear coat on the fender piece. Not sure if they'll just replace that or try to sand through the clear.

That does sound like something in their wheelhouse. They usually contact us for the more difficult jobs or to get a second opinion. Regardless I'll have Orange keep an eye out for you if it turns out Santa Ana can't fix it.

Reactions: jjs1
Tesla pretty much fixed everything wrong with my car, however I did not have any major issues such as having to repaint. I have one more appointment with them to fill up some windshield wiper fluid and address the backseats not automatically folding down as well as install the acoustic heating pump cover as mine did not come with it. After that I think my car will be 10/10 perfect

how do you know that yours didnt come with it and what was your build date? Mine was built in June and I have no idea if I have the cover or not.

Starting second week with no car. Either they are taking their time to make sure everything is takin care or it’s coming back in worse shape than before. I am nervous on this one. Taillights are a mess, hatch hits taillights cause they are a mess, steering wheel off to the right and a nice big dent in the passenger door crease and a permanent finger print in line of sight in the windshield. They said it’s on order and they are replacing it.

I picked up my MY July 15th and have 410 miles on it. No problems with fit or finish or operationally. The autosteer can be a bit sketchy.

I dropped it off for PPF and some tinting today. The shop has done about 30 M3 and three MY before me. He says my fit and finish is better than he's seen on the other cars.

My one disappointment was the moment I got the car home I scheduled an appointment to have the Homelink auto garage system installed. Their first appointment was about a month out. I'm going to be on a long road trip and will wait until I get back.

My Model Y arrived with zero issues.

Homelink is being installed today.

I am having issues finding a vendor to install the paint protection film. Being in mid-coast Maine doesn't help.

Reactions: CaliX
Assuming panels has to be repaired, does it need to cure before PPF? Or it is baked by your body shop and wouldn't require curing process before car gets PPF. I have my car and many parts were repainted and wanted to PPF once I pickup from Tesla.

Even when it's baked, the paint still has to cure fully. According to the paint manufacturer (BASF), they recommend a minimum of two weeks. Optimally, you'd wait a full month. We have seen a few instances where people did not wait and the paint is fine for a bit. However, it may develop issues later on such as chipping and wrinkling.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and DennyL
Related question w.r.t cost of service (I am a first time Tesla owner). I took delivery of my car on 07/18 and during inspection found some issues (for e.g. my passenger side Frunk is protruded leaving an alignment gap), I had raised service request with pictures for all and got a Cost estimate of ~$500 from Tesla (all labor).

Since these were original issues with the car, i was expecting a $0 cost. Is this normal from Tesla and will they adjust when the vehicle gets serviced or am i missing something. Please help.

Related question w.r.t cost of service (I am a first time Tesla owner). I took delivery of my car on 07/18 and during inspection found some issues (for e.g. my passenger side Frunk is protruded leaving an alignment gap), I had raised service request with pictures for all and got a Cost estimate of ~$500 from Tesla (all labor).

Since these were original issues with the car, i was expecting a $0 cost. Is this normal from Tesla and will they adjust when the vehicle gets serviced or am i missing something. Please help.

No, not normal. Make sure they're aware it's for fit/finish issues reported within the first 3 days/100 miles. What you described should be $0 cost.

Picked mine up June 6th and had it in service the next week for minor panel/tail light/rear seat alignment issues plus a rattle in back ... they fixed everything in a day ... pretty good process and they did address about 7 things ... problems is they fixed my misaligned tail lights, but it ended up causing the hatch to bind up when opening. This obviously explains why tail lights were askew as it was probably easier to do that at the factory than realign hatch or quarter panel. Of course I didn't figure this out until 2 days later when I had to open hatch. At this point I may just fix it myself as it appears if I grind/polish down about an 1/8th inch off the inner flange of the light housing, it may just remedy it. Need to take it off anyway as I'm going to install trailer hitch this weekend.

No, not normal. Make sure they're aware it's for fit/finish issues reported within the first 3 days/100 miles. What you described should be $0 cost.

Same thing happened to me, but I called their service number, explained the situation and they were quick made it a zero dollar estimate with no argument or need to push them on it. The only money I paid at service was $12 to get a 3rd key card.