TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did Tesla hit 200,000 in June?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ebmcs03, Jul 8, 2018.

1. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

• Informative x 1
  2. drawfour

drawfour Member

There's nothing newer. We're still waiting on official word from Tesla.

3. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

they're still advertising cars with a full $7500 tax credit with a delivery window past the end of Q3, so i'm gonna say no.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

For the thousandth time (it seems literally) everyone would still get the full tax credit in June and July and through September no matter what. Seems like this will never end. :D

The question is whether the $7500 lasts to the end of 2018 or not.

I will bet that the 200K is in July. There was no reason to divert cars to Canada and stockpile LR units in June if they expected to cross the line of 200K in June. No sense whatsoever.

I like InsideEVs usually, but that article’s logic is off.

(And BTW the Tesla site’s listing of incentives should not be depended on. Last I heard they were still listing the Ontario rebate for the P3D which NEVER was going to be true.)

• Like x 5
  5. vigge50

vigge50 Member

• Informative x 1
  6. jelly

jelly Member

... Isn't that why OP is asking if they delivered #200,000 in June. He didn't say anything about the tax credit not being in Q3.

Delivery in June vs July implies Q3 vs Q4.

• Like x 2
  7. boaterva

Did you read the third post? :D That implies it mattered that Tesla was still ‘offering’ the credit.

8. jelly

jelly Member

Yes it said "past the end of Q3" which means into Q4. Which means end of the year. Which means (as post #3 says) they did not deliver 200,000 in June, at least in that posters opinion.

No one's talking about if it's available for Q3 deliveries through September.......?

• Like x 1
  9. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Question is dependent on whether credit will end End of sept or end of dec.

10. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

the canadian rebate (to my understanding) has not been officially ended yet. ford has said he is going to scrap it, but they haven't officially laid out a plan for how they're doing so. i.e. it's still in effect, and cars ordered right now still qualify for it.

11. boaterva

The point is that the P car costs too much to ever qualify for it. Ever. It’s based on the base cost of the car which is exceeded for the P version.

Never mind if anyone will get it for models that aren’t currently on the list.

• Like x 1
  12. Adm

Adm Active Member

I guess it was july and over 50k extra new Tesla owners will enjoy the $7500 tax rebate.

13. vigge50

vigge50 Member

If you had gone to the thread I linked you would have seen that Tesla confirmed that they passed 200k in July for about 3 weeks ago.