TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Did the colors change on refreshed model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by nick_083, May 13, 2016.

1. nick_083

nick_083 Member

I saw a facelifted red model S at the Tesla store today and it had a different red then pre-facelifted models standing right next to it. The facelifted red was a lot lighter, more of "scarlet red" vs darker shade or red in the pre-facelifted cars. Am I hallucinating... or these are different colors indeed?

2. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

The signature edition Model S is a darker red as far as I know all the colors are the same after the refresh.

3. nick_083

nick_083 Member

I was comparing to non-signature red cars... all P90Ds they use as test drivers. I even took one of their paint color samples... it was a perfect match with "classic" cars, but looked much darker then facelifted model

4. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

Rumor is they have a special red for the showroom cars, called...
    Wait for it...
    Showroom red

New Red on Model S?

5. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

So they are advertising their new refresh car color in the showroom that's not on the samples, it's not online and that you can't order your car in?

6. nick_083

nick_083 Member

...and Tesla Store staff doesn't seem to be aware of this new / different color as well - kinda strange