Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the colors change on refreshed model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a facelifted red model S at the Tesla store today and it had a different red then pre-facelifted models standing right next to it. The facelifted red was a lot lighter, more of "scarlet red" vs darker shade or red in the pre-facelifted cars. Am I hallucinating... or these are different colors indeed?

I saw a facelifted red model S at the Tesla store today and it had a different red then pre-facelifted models standing right next to it. The facelifted red was a lot lighter, more of "scarlet red" vs darker shade or red in the pre-facelifted cars. Am I hallucinating... or these are different colors indeed?
The signature edition Model S is a darker red as far as I know all the colors are the same after the refresh.

The signature edition Model S is a darker red as far as I know all the colors are the same after the refresh.

I was comparing to non-signature red cars... all P90Ds they use as test drivers. I even took one of their paint color samples... it was a perfect match with "classic" cars, but looked much darker then facelifted model